so iv got the new OS on my 3g but want to go back to the old one - how ?

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
iv put the new one on and its slowed the hole thing down and it keeps getting stuck so i want the old one back . when i try to restore on itunes it always come back as the OS 4 again .

so im stuck . what you you reckon ? cheers d

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
iv put the new one on and its slowed the hole thing down and it keeps getting stuck so i want the old one back . when i try to restore on itunes it always come back as the OS 4 again .

so im stuck . what you you reckon ? cheers d

Unless you were jailbroken and had your SHSH on file with Cydia you're stuck with iOS4 there is no way to downgrade

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
bloody hell . thats **** . apple have ****ed my phone then and there sod all i can do :(

thanks for reply mate .

Rollingrock

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't post links here yet, so Google the exact phrase below and it's the top choice:

Downgrade iPhone 3G OS 4.0 to 3.1.3 or lower dushmis

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
cheers , has anyone done it ? coments on there about not being able to restore stuff after , is that a problem ?

thanks d

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
from what i've been reading it's been a hit & miss ordeal

all i can tell you is to read up on it as much as possible before you do it, otherwise just wait it out until the next build comes out, which could be within a few weeks

not sure why yours is so slow...
i've been on iOS 4 for a while now, and i'm jailbroken, and the speed is decent, for a 3G anyways

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Everything I've read says if you are at iOS4 and you are having problems, do a total restore and set the phone up like a new one. Dozens have said this totally improved their speed. I did the restore from the get go on our old 3G and it works just fine, I see no major lagging or anything.

I think going back to 3.13 is problematic. It can be done, but in some cases it has been reported that folks have bricked their phones. I wouldn't take the chance, but that is me.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Unless you were jailbroken and had your SHSH on file with Cydia you're stuck with iOS4 there is no way to downgrade

This person is trying to downgrade a 3G, not a 3Gs. The 3G does not have SHSH files nor are the firmwares signed by Apple.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Everything I've read says if you are at iOS4 and you are having problems, do a total restore and set the phone up like a new one. Dozens have said this totally improved their speed. I did the restore from the get go on our old 3G and it works just fine, I see no major lagging or anything.

I think going back to 3.13 is problematic. It can be done, but in some cases it has been reported that folks have bricked their phones. I wouldn't take the chance, but that is me.

cheers for advise , sorry but i know how to do that ethier , is that in itunes ? once iv done a total restore can i then get all my stuff back from my itune ?

cheers for help d

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
cheers for advise , sorry but i know how to do that ethier , is that in itunes ? once iv done a total restore can i then get all my stuff back from my itune ?

cheers for help d

Yes you do this from iTunes. Start iTunes, connect your phone. When you phone comes up in iTunes. You'll see Update or Restore. Click on Restore. This will then wipe the phone and install the iOS4 clean. Once it comes back up, it will ask you rather to restore from a backup or setup as a new phone. Set it up as a new phone. Then, go back and add your apps, music, movies, tv shows etc. This will insure you have a really clean install and nothing problematic has been copied over from an old backup.

Let us know how it works out for you! By the way I am not making any promises on this. Just telling you what I've experienced and several friends, family and co-workers that have handed down their 3G phones.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

did this as well so i can only assume that is why i haven't really had any issues like i have been reading about

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
well a didn't know i didn't but a guess i didn't . i had a new xp on the pc a few months ago after a crash and i guess if lost them in that .

im now trying to restore to old setting , will that bring my contacts back ? then i can save them and start again , what do you reckon ?

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
well a didn't know i didn't but a guess i didn't . i had a new xp on the pc a few months ago after a crash and i guess if lost them in that .

im now trying to restore to old setting , will that bring my contacts back ? then i can save them and start again , what do you reckon ?

a restore will bring back old settings, though I am not sure how well 3.1.3 will deal with settings that were backed up via 4.0

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen