so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I hate to say this, especially since my history is one of owning every iPhone release since the original...but, if the feature set of the 7 is nothing more than what most "reliable rumors" claim, and if the hardware styling is the same as my current 6s...I may be skipping the next iPhone for the first time ever.

I originally thought Apple might drop a 5"-plus screen phone without the huge bezels of the 6s+ (a la Samsung) and give us the perfect screen size with less bulk, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen, yet.

Frankly, I'm really bummed about the 7. :straight-face:

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
If the rumors are true about a bump in resolution to 2k/quad hd for the 7 plus and 1080p for the iPhone 7, then yes, it would be worth it. I hope that rumor is true. I saw it posted yesterday on iMore.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Each iPhone iteration is greater than the previous, and I'm sure the iPhone that's introduced in 2017 will follow suit.

This is why I always chuckle when Apple advertising says, "Our greatest and most advanced iPhone yet". I would hope that would be the case, lol.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I hate to say this, especially since my history is one of owning every iPhone release since the original...but, if the feature set of the 7 is nothing more than what most "reliable rumors" claim, and if the hardware styling is the same as my current 6s...I may be skipping the next iPhone for the first time ever.

I originally thought Apple might drop a 5"-plus screen phone without the huge bezels of the 6s+ (a la Samsung) and give us the perfect screen size with less bulk, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen, yet.

Frankly, I'm really bummed about the 7. :straight-face:

I understand and I pretty much feel the same. I don't want to believe they'll keep the same hardware style but if they do I have no reason to upgrade.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
It's either the 6s or the 7, I'm not really sure. I have the 6 Plus (non-S) model so either one would be a huge upgrade for me.

If I can get the 6s Plus model at a significant discount then yes, I'll get that model instead. I just wonder if they'll keep the 6s as part of the Apple Upgrade Program along with the new 7 model.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I wonder how many people here say they aren't upgrading, watch the keynote and then are the first in line to buy it.

I'd bet a lot. This will be my first time trying to get an iPhone on launch day. Is it as difficult as people make it out to be? Do you really need to wait in line of you want one within the first couple of weeks? I've always been an Android user prior to the 6S+ and have been able to walk right up to the counter on launch day and purchase the latest Samsung phone.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Well if you go in for the Apple Upgrade Program and you wake up early enough that day you can reserve a device and they'll hold it for you at the Apple Store of your choosing.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'd bet a lot. This will be my first time trying to get an iPhone on launch day. Is it as difficult as people make it out to be? Do you really need to wait in line of you want one within the first couple of weeks? I've always been an Android user prior to the 6S+ and have been able to walk right up to the counter on launch day and purchase the latest Samsung phone.

It really depends on how big of an upgrade it is. Generally, I have found that it is harder to get a phone in a redesign year than an "S" year.

However, I have found that it is getting easier to get the phone on launch day. They are finally matching supply to meet the demand for the most part.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well if you go in for the Apple Upgrade Program and you wake up early enough that day you can reserve a device and they'll hold it for you at the Apple Store of your choosing.

I used the Apple Upgrade Program to get my 6s Plus and my wife's 6s. I made two 8:00AM reservations at one of my local Apple Stores, showed up around 7:50, was paired up with an Apple Store employee, and was in the store picking up my iPhones at 8:00 sharp. They had a separate line for people with reservations so I didn't have to stand in line with the thousands of people waiting in the main line.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Then that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to reserve a device so I don't have to stand in line.

I found it to be the most seamless way to get the new phone. Lining up is never a guarantee (although they usually have enough stock for everyone, it might not be the colour or storage option you want). You could also order online and have it shipped, but the wait for UPS can be killer.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Then that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to reserve a device so I don't have to stand in line.

It worked perfectly. Now, I did wake up at 3:00AM EST to make the reservation right when the preorder started but I don't think it was completely necessary.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I'll wake up at 7 or 8 am in the morning. I was told by Apple that they get shipments several times a day for a week after the launch day to keep up with demand.

MusicalRobot

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
As every iphone that comes out, it comes with new features. the iphone 7 will have three versions: the base iphone 7, the plus version, and a pro version. all phones will be faster than the 6 and will sport a new camera which already blows our minds away. the pro will definitely be a worthy upgrade

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner