So... how warm does your iPhone get?

jervis961

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Mine gets warm when charging or watching a lot of video. It only got hot once and that was because I had tuned of the auto sleep and put it back in the holster for a couple of hours with the screen on full brightness.

NDPTAL85

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
Ok so I've narrowed down the issue further. It seems to be only caused by WPA2 encryption and not the specific router. I'm now back on my Linksys 160N router with no overheating/battery draining on my iPhone now that I've switched to WPA1.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
hey mine its fine i own a 3gs but my friend`s 3g well in the morning after saying good morning to his girlfriend for about an hour then he gets some eggs and a few bacon strips on top of the iphone and thats breakfast he says is hard to make`em sunnysideup but he has no trouble making scramble eggs at all damnnnn i envy him loving girlfriend, iphone 3g and on top of that a good breakfast every day wow

anon(22163)

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Only had mine a couple days but it seems just like other phones. My Treo Pro would get pretty smoking hot while plugged in and running WMwifirouter.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
For the first time ever I felt my 3GS get uncomfortably hot last week while on vacation. I was surfing the web for an extended period of time and I soon began to feel the back getting VERY hot, even through my incase slider I could feel considerable heat.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i was playing worm for an extended period of time and notice my iphone get fairly warm thro my innocase. was too hot but just concerning

i have also heard that having your phone in a case causes it to retain more heat since its insulated but mine has never become hot! just warm but like everyone said it is running graphically intensive programs for extended periods so im not alarmed since laptop's also heat up. some do get too hot and if your worried just have it replaced that is why i love apple they will always replace it for you.

Last edited:

phd001

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
They do get hot! In France an Iphone exploded in the face of some bloke, has got eye dammage. An Ipod exploded in Brussels after getting hot. The European Commission today started a formal inquiry into these incidents and asked explanation from Apple.
Apple sofar has not sent out any info. I think that this is serious and something is terribly wrong.

anon(1605018)

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Today when I got out of work I drove 20 mins to visit my gf. It was about 90 degrees (I have no ac so the windows were down) and I just listened to music on the way there. When I got there I put my iphone in my pocket and it actually hurt alittle. My phone has always been "warm" but never "HOT". Hopefully it was a one time thing because I dont think it could handle being much warmer.

jmbgator

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Usually gets warm after browsing the web for a while but nothing serious.

However, today I used the GPS for about 25 minutes driving from home to my work and it got pretty HOT.

It wasn't scorching hot but hotter than normal. I guess using GPS for a lengthy period can heat it up.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Mine get warm on the back if I am on a long call or running the GPS , but if I know I will be using it for a long time I take it out of its case .

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My black 32 3Gs got really hot today. So hot in fact I had to take the case off. I was on a long call outside in 89 degree weather.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Well it's been a few months since the 3gs came out. Go to an apple store and compare the screens. 3g vs 3gs. By now that oleophobic coating should be wearing off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradkdoesntcare