• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Smudges on the back of iPod Touch

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2nd generation iPod Touch and I have a bunch of smudges on the mirror on the back and I was wondering if there was any way to clean it cause I want to sell it.

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
smudges? or fine scratches?

if its just smudges...i clean all my electronics, iphone4 and ipad included, with rubbing alcohol pads.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If it is smudges your are talking about. Use a microfiber cloth. If it is scratches on the stainless steal back you will need something more. I have used Ice Creme by Radtech in the past and have had good results. It won't work miracles but it will reduce or even remove some scratches. It costs about $25 so unless you think you can recoup that cost with the sale of the iPod, don't bother.

Scratch Remover for iPhone 3GS Back, iPod, White MacBook, DVDs, LCD Screens - Ice Creme Scratch Remover Polishes and Restores Surfaces

Reactions: zooey007

zooey007

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I usually use a microfiber cloth and alcohol
zhushu6.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members