SMS question

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Just a quick random question,

While on a phone call, can you return to your home screen and send an SMS while still talking to the person on the phone? I love that about my BB and I have not been able to find whether I will loose that capability when I switch to the iphone.

:confused:

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
You will be able to do it. I do it all the time while I am talking to some one. I just put them on speaker if I am not on my headset and I text away. haha

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just to clarify, you can indeed send sms messages while on a phone call no matter what you are on - edge, 3G, or WiFi. ;)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Since SMS uses a signaling channel as opposed to dedicated channels, they can be sent/received simultaneously with the voice/data services over the network.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Since SMS uses a signaling channel as opposed to dedicated channels, they can be sent/received simultaneously with the voice/data services over the network.

Is that why it sounds like Morris code when my phone is near a speaker? :D

Bad Ash, your "wicked smaaat"! Thanks!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Just to confirm, I was able to send a SMS while on a phone call on EDGE last night.

Good to know. I guess that's how att gets away with charging me $20 for unlimited text (family plan) and $30 a phone for data even though text is just a really short crappy email.

The only good thing about SMS is push.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok next question,

On my BB if a SMS fails it just shows up as a red X... One of my old phones would re-send as soon as the phone found service. What happens with the iphone?