SMS Delivery Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not arguing the importance to some...obviously it's important to certain people or the feature wouldn't exist. I mean, having a coffee maker in the arm rest of your car is an important feature to some. I'm simply discussing the demand for it, and honestly (and this is just my opinion as i don't care to look up actual stats) it seems the demand remains relatively small when it comes to features consumers want on their smart phones. This isn't some popular demand, in fact, I'm guessing most people prefer NOT having the receipts (for whatever reason), and while a few of you may feel it's extremely important in your daily work flow, most don't, and because of this, you'll probably never see the native addition of the feature.

We're not talking years ago, Blackberry was the king of kings prior to 2007, there's no argument there, and the things that Blackberry offered was the stuff everybody felt they needed...EVERYONE...because the majority of smart phone users used Blackberrys and assigned importance to what they did for them (BBM being one of those things that in this day and time is simply a dinosaur).

Your "large segment" is a niche...jailbreakers think they make up a large segment of users too, but they don't. Most users (I'm sure it's a staggering amount really) don't care about this feature, and all I'm saying is that is part of the reason you don't see it natively on all texts sent out from the iPhone and probably never will. A "large segment" also thought the iphone should have a silly little LED notification light like blackberrys have...we see how that's gone, lol.

In the end, no company can please 100% of the consumer base, there will always be some feature that someone clings onto for dear life and just finds themselves in a tizzy over the fact that their newest smart phone doesn't have this. Apple has a form you can fill out that allows you to explain what features you feel are missing, go fill it out! It'll essentially be about as fruitful as voting democrat in Georgia, but at least you'll feel as if your voice was heard.

Also, please please please grow some thicker skin...holy crap guys/gals!

Status
Not open for further replies.