Smaller Forum Factor Rebirth?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Surprisingly my 13 year old son wants nothing bigger than the 6/7/8 form factor since the determining factor for him is pocketability. Even when he was offered a brand new XR he said no and instead chose to upgrade his 6 with a refurb 7 from Apple which shocked the heck out of me. I'm not sure what he's going to do in the future but I hope the rumored 5.4 size for 2020 will meet his needs otherwise he's gonna have to face the music. For me my 40+ year old eyes need the biggest phone they offer LOL!!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Surprisingly my 13 year old son wants nothing bigger than the 6/7/8 form factor since the determining factor for him is pocketability. Even when he was offered a brand new XR he said no and instead chose to upgrade his 6 with a refurb 7 from Apple which shocked the heck out of me. I'm not sure what he's going to do in the future but I hope the rumored 5.4 size for 2020 will meet his needs otherwise he's gonna have to face the music. For me my 40+ year old eyes need the biggest phone they offer LOL!!

I think it’s awesome that he got what he wanted even though it wasn’t the newest most trendy model. Good for him for being so practical!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I think it’s awesome that he got what he wanted even though it wasn’t the newest most trendy model. Good for him for being so practical!

Ultimately the color jet black overruled everything plus he was partially responsible for funding a portion of his own money towards the cost. He wants to save his coins for a bigger future upgrade. I’m glad he was invested in the decision and chose wisely with his money. Trying to raise him right and to work for what he wants

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
This seems great for me in theory, but my thumb nails would be an issue when typing. I’d, definitely, take a full display option of the 8 though.

Nails, no problem for me but seeing as pocket size hasn't changed much ( other than a very appreciated benefit of my standard 'Caribbean Dress Uniform' ie every day 'going out duds' being cargo shorts & shirt-jac ( called a guyabera in some places) as visual acuity decrease with age, a big factor in choosing a screen- size, and it's definitely 'bigger is better'. Too soon old......

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2