Slow internet speed

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I am getting 360 mbps on my computer. But only 65 mbps on my iPhone. When in sane room as modem. What’s going on here? I have friends with android get way higher speeds. Is it an iPhone thing?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I am getting 360 mbps on my computer. But only 65 mbps on my iPhone. When in sane room as modem. What’s going on here? I have friends with android get way higher speeds. Is it an iPhone thing?

Assuming all other things being identical, is your iPhone connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn’t even know how to check that lol.

You would need to go on your router’s configuration interface and look at the client list. It should list some information including which Wi-Fi device is on which wireless network.

Unfortunately, interfaces are extremely varied, so I can only give general guidelines from the information I have.

Also, it’s important to note that you can’t run speed test or use the Internet on several devices concurrently if you want accurate results. That’s because your Internet connection is shared between all connected devices in your house.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
You would need to go on your router’s configuration interface and look at the client list. It should list some information including which Wi-Fi device is on which wireless network.

Unfortunately, interfaces are extremely varied, so I can only give general guidelines from the information I have.

Also, it’s important to note that you can’t run speed test or use the Internet on several devices concurrently if you want accurate results. That’s because your Internet connection is shared between all connected devices in your house.

Thanks upon looking it up quick I found this online so I guess I have both( Power Boost technology amplifies the wireless signal to the legal limit in the U.S. AnyBeam implicit beamforming at 2.4GHz and 5GHz focuses the wireless signal toward the wireless clients.)

So I guess as long as things are working right then I can let it be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73