Slow GPS while starting up fitness track app

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone 7, and it is just the best iPhone I've owned so far, but I'm experiencing a little "issue", if you can say so, and I'd like to know if anyone else have noticed.
I'm using a third party app (Runtastic) on both my iPhone and Apple Watch to keep track of my running 2/3 times a week. I've been doing that since a while, at least 4 years (without the Watch, clearly).
Since I bought the iPhone 7, I've noticed a strange behaviour: the GPS fix isn't readily available when I start up the app. It takes a while (usually a few seconds, sometimes a couple minutes) to get a green "GPS" fix, that means the phone is ready to track my run. On my previous iPhone 6S, and the iPhone 6, and the 5S and 5 as far as I can remember, the fix was already there every time I launched the app.
The GPS module isn't defective, because the track, once started, is correct and reliable (I have years of records to compare with).
The iPhone settings seem to be exactly the same. The GPS just seems to be "slow" at acquiring the fix.
Did you notice the same behaviour ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro