Slow email on iOS6 for 4S

Cool Breeze

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded to iOS6, my email has been slow in coming in. I always check it myself manually. For example, it's 4:00 p.m. and the last time I got an email on my phone was at 1:00 a.m.! Can anyone tell me what the problem is, and also what's the difference between fetch, push, and manual retrieval?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's Yahoo.

Yahoo email can be a PITA on iOS. I had an acct, always had an issue with it, and just deleted it off my phone. A suggestion to start off would be delete the acct, reboot your phone and then re-add it. (rebooting your phone is holding the sleep/on/off and home button at the same time - ignore the 'slide' prompt - let go when you see the white apple, and your phone will boot back up)

As for your question in your orig post, 1) push is when the email will show up on your phone the same time it pops into your actual email acct. 2) fetch is set and you chose how often your want your phone to check the acct for new emails. ie: i have an AOL acct set to fetch hourly. 3) manual. self-explanitory-when you open up the mail acct on your phone it will check for new email.

Cool Breeze

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
THank you very much for your help. I really need to keep my Yahoo address because I'm self-employed and all my work comes through that. I'll try your suggestions, and also thank you for the answer to my question!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
THank you very much for your help. I really need to keep my Yahoo address because I'm self-employed and all my work comes through that. I'll try your suggestions, and also thank you for the answer to my question!

Yvw Cool Breeze!! I do understand as far as your yahoo email addy goes. A suggestion to you would be in the forum to try a search using "yahoo email" as key words to see what threads come up. Perhaps you might come across something that can help you further if what I suggested to you previously doesn't help the issue with it. Also, another idea that may work for you is go into the mail acct settings, turn off push, but set the yahoo to fetch every 15mins instead to see if that will work successfully for you being you require it for your business. Also, keep in mind fetching that often may have an impact on your battery life more than what you would see if it's on push only.

Cool Breeze

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I tried all that and it still seems like it's slow or not working properly. I'll manually check for new mail, and sometimes it'll even say soemthing along the lines of "downloading 10 messages," and then the messages are not there. Are they going into some netherworld lala land or what? Very annoying. This has only been the case since I upgraded to 6. Wish I hadn't done that.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I tried all that and it still seems like it's slow or not working properly. I'll manually check for new mail, and sometimes it'll even say soemthing along the lines of "downloading 10 messages," and then the messages are not there. Are they going into some netherworld lala land or what? Very annoying. This has only been the case since I upgraded to 6. Wish I hadn't done that.
Lol at lala netherworld comment:p Well, if it makes you feel any better when I first got my 4S back in Nov. and put my yahoo acct on it, at first it worked ok, but then after about a month or so it just started getting really wonky. Now I rem there was a thread on it along with quite a few other members that were having issues with their yahoo acct as well. Most of us were using the free acct not the paid premium, or what ever it's called, SO maybe because it's not a paid acct then that could be part of the issue on how the email gets handled too? Idk, just a thought.

All this was happening for me on 5.0.1, if that makes ya feel any better lol. But for you, if you just started noticing a difference after updating to 6, then something is different. Btw, I chose to stay on 5.0.1 myself. Never even moved onto 5.1.1 lol.

Did you try to use the fetch method instead and that didn't work well either?

(oh also just to add, prior to getting my 4S I had a bb bold9650, and even with that my yahoo email was a royal PITA!! Lol so I knew it wasn't just the (mal)function of my iPhone)

Cool Breeze

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, Pink, you really are awesome! Thanks for putting so much time into answering me. I will definitely go and read that thread.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR