slightly easier email delete

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
I just stumbled on this one. Instead of pushing the "edit" button while viewing a list of emails in order to bring up the delete button try this. Slide your finger left to right over the email while viewing the mailbox this should then give you the delete button. I just figured this one out, sorry if I'm posting others already know.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Actually, it works right to left, too. (it's old news). I don't find it easier, because if you go too far (or too slowly?) it opens the mail, instead.

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
I thought someone must have figured it out already though I find it much easier than hitting "edit" then "little caution icon" then "delete"

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
You click "edit" once. That makes the red circles show up. Then, to delete messages, you click circle, then delete, for each message. Two clicks per message. not three.

ScandaLeX

Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
You click "edit" once. That makes the red circles show up. Then, to delete messages, you click circle, then delete, for each message. Two clicks per message. not three.

I am guessing this is what he is referring too. There's no way to tap the first message email for deletion, and hold til you get to the last you want to delete. Why does it have to be one by one?

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
It shouldn't be one-by-one, I agree.

But given that the slide-to-delete also takes two steps, my point is there is no difference.

ursa08

Jun 26, 2007
Visit site
First of all - it showing all my e-mails...even ones in Archive folders :(
Then every time, when I delete an e-mail - it's coming back again :(