Slide to Answer

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The past couple times when someone has called I have noticed I cannot "slide to answer". Is that a bug that Apple needs to work out or what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
the past couple times when the caller calls is rings so long it hangs up because in cannot "slide to answer".

Last edited:

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It just doesn't respond to my input "Slide to Answer"

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Are you actually sliding to answer, or just tapping the "slide to answer" button? Also, does that portion of the screen work for everything else?

Sorry, I am in no way questioning you or anything like that...just trying to get back to basics and see if it is anything like that.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you actually sliding to answer, or just tapping the "slide to answer" button? Also, does that portion of the screen work for everything else?

Sorry, I am in no way questioning you or anything like that...just trying to get back to basics and see if it is anything like that.

yes, everything else works. Just sometimes when I "slide" it won't. It doesn't happen all the time though

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
yes, everything else works. Just sometimes when I "slide" it won't. It doesn't happen all the time though

I have experienced the same thing. I just swipe, swipe, swipe...until it picks up the call. I haven't actually lost any calls because of it...but it has gotten close.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

That is not normal function. I can't remember having that issue natively, and have only experienced it a couple of times in all of the iPhone's history after I jailbroke the device and used some custom slider settings. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "bug", more of an individual issue with your particular phone (since the issue isn't widely reported at all at this time).

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
After thinking about it, I remember having an issue like this every once in a while with my 4s, except it was for the slide to unlock and not to answer. I just figured it was something that happened from time to time and didn't think much of it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help OP