Sister switched to Lumia 1020-Still being sent iMessages

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm very sorry guys, but my sister got a Lumia 1020, and she loves it. But for some reason, when though she disabled imessage on her 4S, ipad, and mac, she gets told that people send her imessages. How can she make it so the user can ONLY send her SMS's? Please help. Thanks.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean "she gets told that people send her iMessages"? Does she actually receive the iMessages on her iPad and Mac?

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Follow these steps:

Tell her to go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
Click on ?edit products?
Click on the ?x? to the right of the product.
Click ?unregister?

Obviously, she may only want to do this for her iPhone. That will take her device out of the iMessage system and SMS will flow as normal.

FWIW, this has not worked for many of my customers that I've been trying to do that with. It works SOMETIMES, but not at all perfectly.

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Follow these steps:

Tell her to go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
Click on “edit products”
Click on the “x” to the right of the product.
Click “unregister”

Obviously, she may only want to do this for her iPhone. That will take her device out of the iMessage system and SMS will flow as normal.

Whenever I log in with her account, it says my session has expired.

Edit: Nvm

Last edited:

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
That's why I leave iMessage off on my iPhone. Apple likes to control the messaging. Nty

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
A ran in to the same problem. When you turn iMessage off on the iPhone it takes 24 hours before it actually takes effect. I called apple support regarding this. Only other way is to have people with iPhones turn their iMessage off in order to receive text for a couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
A ran in to the same problem. When you turn iMessage off on the iPhone it takes 24 hours before it actually takes effect. I called apple support regarding this. Only other way is to have people with iPhones turn their iMessage off in order to receive text for a couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So before you go away and have data roaming off turn off iMessage 24 hours before and all iPhone users will see text message on there screen rather than iMessage?

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
So before you go away and have data roaming off turn off iMessage 24 hours before and all iPhone users will see text message on there screen rather than iMessage?

Not sure what you mean by data roaming.. Until iMessage has been completely deactivated from a device (yours or whoever) , iPhone users sending you messages will continue to see that it's still sending as an iMessage. Usually it takes 24 hours to deactivate according to Apple. After that, iPhone users won't see your # in blue (iMessage) but rather green (regular sms).

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by data roaming.. Until iMessage has been completely deactivated from a device (yours or whoever) , iPhone users sending you messages will continue to see that it's still sending as an iMessage. Usually it takes 24 hours to deactivate according to Apple. After that, iPhone users won't see your # in blue (iMessage) but rather green (regular sms).

Yes I turned iMessage off now.. It's just irritating me when I don't have internet connection like when roaming I don't want to pay the fees for data so I keep that off... And when I had it off my family and friends sending me messages wouldn't deliver I would be only to send . Now texts are always available no matter what

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes I turned iMessage off now.. It's just irritating me when I don't have internet connection like when roaming I don't want to pay the fees for data so I keep that off... And when I had it off my family and friends sending me messages wouldn't deliver I would be only to send . Now texts are always available no matter what

I hear Ya.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I hear Ya.

I want to confirm if I leave the country and have data OFF. I will only have text available but for other people that don't have SMS ON I wi never get their message Untill I lm on wifi?

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
iMessage must be turned off while the iPhone is still active before switching to another device. Tell her to try under Wi-Fi.

If you keep iMessage off, use whatsapp while traveling .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro