Siri voice vs. Google maps voice..

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Sure seems the Google maps voice is far superior to Siri. Siri is very robotic and electronic.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Far superior? That's debatable, but many do prefer it over the voice associated with Siri. Siri's voice is not an issue to me and as long as it can understand what I'm saying and provide me with the service & information I seek, I'll continue to use it...:)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Neither Siri or Google Maps voice hold a candle to my Garmin Nuvi's 'Aussie Karen"... who is a real, live human - Karen Jacobsen...

learned

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree. I prefer Siri's voice. I admit that may be because I prefer her directions more often than not, but I find her easier to understand. That all being said, my favorite is still Navigon.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Definitely Google Maps wins here. Voice more human also quicker responses. How Google is doing this I don't know but it's great for competition.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Gotta go with the Google Maps voice myself.

I don't Siri to be bad, per se. I just like the Google Maps voice more. It seems clearer when giving me the next turn to take.

ne0stai2dust

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I still prefer Google Maps myself. Not just for the voice but for how much more accurate Google maps is over apple maps with TomTom. I've gotten lost a few times with apple maps.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't say I've ever gotten lost or not been able to get to my destination with Apple Maps. I use it everyday at work as I'm a delivery driver. Also, saving and organizing destinations on Apple Maps is far superior to Google Maps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2