Siri interrupting my music

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I'm listening to music and the screen is locked, I'll hit the home button to turn the screen on and it pauses my music and opens up siri instead. It's really annoying especially when I'm trying to listen to music while driving. Anyone else having this problem?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It should only open Siri if u hold the button use the sleep button to turn screen on

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It should only open Siri if u hold the button use the sleep button to turn screen on

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
And I'm not holding it either, I've tested it multiple times. I'm just pressing it. I have been using the sleep button lately except its not as easily accessible when I'm driving

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, mine does this on occasion also when I'm listening to music. Truly it is annoying. For what ever reason the phone thinks you've held down the home button long enough to summons Siri and she pops up in the middle of a song.

This is the only (annoying)glitch I've really noticed on my iPhone since I've had it.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, mine does this on occasion also when I'm listening to music. Truly it is annoying. For what ever reason the phone thinks you've held down the home button long enough to summons Siri and she pops up in the middle of a song.

This is the only (annoying)glitch I've really noticed on my iPhone since I've had it.
Yeah mine also happens occasionally. If it happened every time I would just turn off siri. Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine also happens occasionally. If it happened every time I would just turn off siri. Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this

It has never happened to me, but I have a habit of double tapping the home button when i am listening to music.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

exactly, it's literally just a few steps to turn Siri off and when done can easily be turned back on. That's what I would do also if it was to happen every time, which TG it doesn't !!

I actually noticed this about a month ago when I really started using my music a lot more, but I never started a thread figuring it was just a glitch, a bug, or whatever you wanna call it.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This has been an issue for me dating back to the 3GS. Happens when I workout sometimes and my home button might be getting a little wet from sweat. It performs whatever function the Home button is set to do.

DOOMSDAY911

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I just recently had this problem. The reason is because the album artwork file is too big. Chances are the songs that cause the problem came with its own artwork already embedded into the mp3/mp4 file. (Mine did since it was a free remix album that was posted to SoundCloud) Delete the album artwork for the songs that are causing the problem. You can use iTunes' "Get Album Artwork" button after deleting but if for some reason it doesn't come up, you can Google for the image artwork and get a much smaller artwork file (around 400x400 to 600x600 should work). Resizing the current artwork would work too but you would have to use some sort of picture editing program and is more work that you need to do if the artwork already exists on Google.

I thought it was my earbuds shorting out or something but the problem was still there when I was using the speakers on the iPhone itself so I figured it had something to do with file size. At first I thought it was the music file size but I never had this problem with big files before so I deleted the album artwork and voila.

I hope this solves your problem as well as anyone else looking into this.

kevin smith 619

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
When Apple's new iPad was unveiled last week , one of the features users had hoped for didn't come with it. Siri, the voice-controlled personal assistant that's been such a hit on the iPhone 4S, wasn't among the tablet's new features. (Apple did add a dictation feature, but it has none of Siri's interactivity; all you can do is one-way dictation.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal