• Welcome to the all-new iMore Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Siri for slow talkers

mscsmith

Nov 12, 2014
I'm trying to help a friend who uses an iphone. She has developed aphasia and has to talk slowly. She's using Siri, but says she talks too slowly for it. Is there a way to adjust the settings in Siri so that someone who speaks slowly has a chance to finish a command before Siri starts answering?

Thanks for any suggestions

warcraftWidow

Banned
Aug 12, 2010
I don't know if any accessibility settings for that. But it sounds like a great idea. Please leave feedback for Apple because while it might not help now, Apple prides themselves on building a device that is accessible to as many people as possible.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
There is a way, if you hold your finger on the home button with it pushed in whilst talking to Siri she will not interrupt until you then let go of the button

tomtomadv

Nov 13, 2014
I think the trouble is come from your network. I'm you're in slow network, siri will take longer time to response