Siri and Google Play Music

gabbott

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So it seems Siri doesn't work to play music using Google Play Music. It can open the app but it requires the phone to be unlocked and it only opens the app, you can't tell it to play a song/artist/playlist.

Another option using voice commands is to tell Siri to open Google Assistant and then asking Google Assistant to play something via Google play music. But again it requires the phone to be unlocked to open Google Assistant.

In the car these options don't work while driving, unlocking the phone is the limiting factor. With Android I could use my car Bluetooth as a trusted device. Driving is the one scenario where face id isn't feasible.

Any solutions for voice controlling what music I want to play for this scenario? I'd rather pay for a Google play music subscription than Apple music because it also comes with YouTube red.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully someone who uses Google Play Music with their iPhone X will reply soon.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately youve found the only options with siri and Google Play music.

For the car, your only other option is CarPlay. Truth be told, Im not even sure if siri works on Google Music in Carplay. Ive disabled it and gone back to Android Auto for the stability. Carplay freezes too much.

If you want me to check on siri with Google Music in CarPlay, let me know and I can run out and do so.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW