Since Netflix changed its prices

irawkmac

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Ya know.. I've had Netflix for a while now. I've always been a fan of it actually. Endless t.v. shows and movies at my fingertips straight to my AppleTV in HD. Well.. then I stopped watching t.v. altogether. Now I rip DVD's and add them to my media collection on my home server and stream those throughout the house at my leisure.. soo.. I don't even know why I have Netflix to be honest with you. I guess I should cancel that crap.

In relation to the price hike: I do think it's bogus that they aren't offering at least a small discount for customers that have both instead of charging full price for both. What kind of business model is that? 2 dollars off would have even be better than nothing.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yah this sucks. The streaming is absolutely pathetic -- I don't understand how Netflix thinks it's okay to charge the same as the DVD plan when there are WAY more DVDs to watch. I go through ~20 dvds a month, so the DVD plan is what I'm sticking with.

I would totally pay a 60% price hike... if it was because of a 60% product quality increase. Netflix cannot possibly think it's smart to make people pay so much more for the same, mediocre product. It was okay before cause it was kind of like getting streaming for free, as for me, 10 bucks seemed like a decent price for the DVD plan itself. Streaming sucks horribly, so this made sense. The new price hike? No sense. It's like Netflix forgot that the tried and true bundling business plan works wonderfully.

I feel like Netflix is confused, too. It's like they thought people wanted streaming only, so they made a streaming only plan. This wasn't as popular as they expected, so they decided that people must want either the DVDs or streaming, and not just streaming, so they split the plan up to save people money. What they didn't realize was that streaming only didn't take off as well as they planned not because people just weren't in to streaming, but because their streaming options SUCK! It's not worth the money for most people. If their entire DVD catalog was available to stream, I bet a good 75% or more of customers would stream only, myself included.

Right now all I have to watch is 3 TV series I'm interested in, and semi-blockbuster movies that are either old or didn't do as well as planned in theaters. For example, Iron Man is not streaming. It was from 2008 but was ridiculously popular. No stream. Iron Man 2, on the other hand, wasn't as popular, yet is more recent. But, it's streaming. 8 out of the Top 100 on Netflix are streaming. That's just sad. Netflix, this business plan WILL NOT WORK.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When the options to the consumer die, the ones that are left can go in for the kill...

Kind of an indirect shot at Droid phones, but Google does own a large majority of Netflix, so those on the fence between iPhones and a droid based phone should consider they are supporting this kind of business practice by purchasing things featuring that little robot... ;)

Guess there's a reason he's so green. :D

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
When the options to the consumer die, the ones that are left can go in for the kill...

Kind of an indirect shot at Droid phones, but Google does own a large majority of Netflix, so those on the fence between iPhones and a droid based phone should consider they are supporting this kind of business practice by purchasing things featuring that little robot... ;)

Guess there's a reason he's so green. :D

More reason for them to all come over to the iPhone side, it's much better over here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77