Simple Photo Editor for what I need

pjwk81

Aug 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi, hopefully someone can help. The search isn’t very good so apologies if it has been asked before.

I’m looking for a simple photo editing app for the iPad. I’m not interested in the really creative ones for intensive editing but when I google “Simple iPad Photo Editor” I just keep getting top 10 or top 20 lists across the board. I’ve wasted a good bit of cash so far on things like Pixelmator that are zero use to me.

A made up example of exactly what I want:
I have a picture of a car. I want to draw a line across it from front to back (straight, not freehand), then I want to draw another one below it and then fill between them to make a thick stripe. Then I might want to do something like dragging an image onto my image of the car like I was putting a sticker on the window. Think MS Paint but a bit better.

Maybe no such app exists because everyone is into crazy photo editing or drawing these days but if one does exist then I can’t find it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t really do any photo editing - at least not in the manner you described, but hopefully those who do will reply soon.

pjwk81

Aug 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi, thanks for all the suggestions, I’ll check them all out.
I’ve since found that (even though it’s not a photo editor in the truest sense) Autodesk Sketchbook does very close to what I need. It’s fairly clunky as regards importing and saving files and the layers but the curved ruler guides are really handy in it.
If there are any other suitable ones though please don’t hesitate to suggest. I’m still feeling my way around the device and iOS so I probably haven’t even scratched the surface yet.