Sim Card failure - fix?

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I used the search, only topic I found was old as hell now but honest to god over the past 4 days my SIM has decided to go to fail or NO SIM well over a dozen times, the previous months it happened twice but its just seems to be getting worse now. I have googled, I have read many many articles and no one seems to know if its hardware, software or what? I want to restore but itunes wants me upgrade to 5.1 (don't want to lose my JB though :S) so got any tips?

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Before you restore and lose your JB, I would try just going in to you carrier and just get a new SIM. If you go to an official corporate store they won't charge you for it. Its worth a try to avoid losing your JB. Sometimes SIM cards just go bad.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I used the search, only topic I found was old as hell now but honest to god over the past 4 days my SIM has decided to go to fail or NO SIM well over a dozen times, the previous months it happened twice but its just seems to be getting worse now. I have googled, I have read many many articles and no one seems to know if its hardware, software or what? I want to restore but itunes wants me upgrade to 5.1 (don't want to lose my JB though :S) so got any tips?

A restore will not fix this. This was a known hardware issue with the iPhone 4. I'd get it swapped out.