silent switch is off; still no sound

Frankie

May 2, 2009
Visit site
I've read as many posts as I can find and I am still unable to determine how to get sound from my iPhone.
there are no sound board noises;
cell phone doesn't work because there is on sound (iTunes work) they can't hear me, I can't hear them.
nothing appears to be wrong with the silent switch; it moves back and forth as it should.
I went to preferences and checked all settings and everything appears to be set properly. HOWEVER the little bell at the top left (in sounds, under settings) with a slash across it. I know what that means but can find no way to make it go away.

Please help. I need my phone.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I've read as many posts as I can find and I am still unable to determine how to get sound from my iPhone.
there are no sound board noises;
cell phone doesn't work because there is on sound (iTunes work) they can't hear me, I can't hear them.
nothing appears to be wrong with the silent switch; it moves back and forth as it should.
I went to preferences and checked all settings and everything appears to be set properly. HOWEVER the little bell at the top left (in sounds, under settings) with a slash across it. I know what that means but can find no way to make it go away.

Please help. I need my phone.

I would do a restore in Itunes. And set it up as a new iPhone, don't put an old backup on it. If that doesn't work I would take it to the Apple store.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, try a soft reset. If that doesn't do it, try a hard reset. If all else fails, do the iTunes restore.

Last edited:

phillyphil

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Try plugging in headphones and then pulling them back out again. I use my iPhone with a car stereo controller and sometimes this happens. When I plug in the headphones and then pull them back out again, the phone resets the audio output somehow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD