Silent switch has a short, who do I take my phone to?


iMore Question

Hello people, I am from Hawaii. I didn't want to but I'm going to have to take my iPhone6s in to get the short in the silent button fixed. Do I take it to the Apple Store or to TCAWireless? It turns itself on and off of silent randomly and at inopportune moments and I can't have it doing that anymore. I just got it in April, I think, I wasn't sure which one I'm supposed to take it to or do you people have any other places or solutions to fix this
Thanks in advance!


Feb 20, 2014
If you can go to the AppleStore, that would be the best option. They are fast and come with solutions much faster than any other licensed repair services.


Well-known member
Apr 24, 2012
I don't know if it's different for an iPhone from an iPad but when this happened on my iPad mini 3 and I took it took it to Apple they replaced it under warranty as they said it wasn't a repairable part.

If you phone is under warranty or you have Apple Care then I guess you'll get it sorted at the Apple store easily