silent button, will it face wear and tear on long term use?

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
İf i regualary use my silent button gor my iphone 6s+, will it face wear and tear on long term use?
İs it better to change to silent mode from the software rather than the button to take care of it?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

msyk5645

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had iphones for years and sometimes I get bored and just flip that switch repeatedly. I have yet to see any problems with it wearing out.

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
İf i regualary use my silent button gor my iphone 6s+, will it face wear and tear on long term use?
İs it better to change to silent mode from the software rather than the button to take care of it?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

OP I've had iPhones since the 3Gs and have never, ever had a silent switch issue. The phones are built well.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Have never had it go bad! I guess there's always a chance but I would think you'd have to switch it a LOT for it to wear out. Or it would need to be faulty to start.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you use anything enough for a long period of time it could possibly degrade and malfunction. That being said, this is rarely an issue with the silent switch on the iPhone.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I like to take my phone cases off every few days to clean it, make sure there is no dust or dirt inside the case which usually flips the switch numerous times. I also switch it to watch videos while at work and then switch back. I had my 6 Plus for a year and that silent switch got a heck of a workout but still worked fine up until the day I switched over to my 6s Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox