Signal with Metal Back...

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a metal back cover replacement for the glass one on my 4s. For those of you who may have switched out your glass back for a metal one, what there any effect on your signal one way or the other? Thanks....

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually not every phone has the same issue. Example, when I use is fine but when my cousin using the cover, his reception drops. Maybe luck?

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Well the reception goes completely through the metal band, it shouldn't have any effect at all. On neither wifi nor 3G. Although I'm not sure exactly where the Bluetooth receiver is.

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I know iPhone 4 is having this metal thingy issue but with iP4s, seldom heard about it but yes, there are a few unlucky ones who experienced that. Weird.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I know iPhone 4 is having this metal thingy issue but with iP4s, seldom heard about it but yes, there are a few unlucky ones who experienced that. Weird.

Even the iPhone 4 should have no problem than existing ones in changing the back plate to a metal one because all of its wireless technologies exit through the metal band not the backplate

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about a metal case, but rather replacing the glass back with a metal back, but I had forgotten that the antenna is supposedly in the metal bumper band....

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about a metal case, but rather replacing the glass back with a metal back, but I had forgotten that the antenna is supposedly in the metal bumper band....

Yes I know, there is nothing to worry about. All of the wireless technologies go through the metal band, you should have no problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73