Show us your battery life on your 6 Plus

Dev from tipb

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised and impressed at the numbers here - I rarely get more than 5 or 6 hours. I think it is because I spend a lot of time in weak coverage areas, so my radio is doing a lot more work, but it is frustrating to carry around my powerstation everywhere. (No worse than my 5 was, however.)

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Love everything about the iP6plus except the following:
I have had my phone (after waiting 48 days from AT&T) since Friday afternoon. Have not been impressed with battery life. Really no better than my former iP5?
Why does Home & Lock screen take up so much battery?
iMoreAppImg_20141102_153723.jpg
Any suggestions on prolonging battery life?

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had my phone (after waiting 48 days from AT&T) since Friday afternoon. Have not been impressed with battery life. Really no better than my former iP5?
View attachment 70334

That's really strange. How are your settings? Are you using parallax? Background refresh? I think it can also depend on the brightness of the screen. Do you have automatic screen brightness set on or off? I suggest to switch it on... And so on.
Just tell your settings and try to optimize it maybe it'll help.
But one question: does your phone heat up?

Jerry5k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
That's really strange. How are your settings? Are you using parallax? Background refresh? I think it can also depend on the brightness of the screen. Do you have automatic screen brightness set on or off? I suggest to switch it on... And so on.
Just tell your settings and try to optimize it maybe it'll help.
But one question: does your phone heat up?

Thanks for the quick response.
Parallax-No
Background set On- yes, on almost every app. I turned them all Off
Does phone heat up- sometimes when charging and using GPS
WILL monitor for the next few days
Automatic screen brightness-Yes

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response.
Parallax-No
Background set On- yes, on almost every app. I turned them all Off
Does phone heat up- sometimes when charging and using GPS
WILL monitor for the next few days
Automatic screen brightness-Yes

Well, it's interesting to see. Maybe the background app refresh was it...
I don't now, we'll figure it out for sure :D

taoxhui

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Well, your battery percentage says it's charged to 99% - so it's charged at least one time?

It is just charged one time. I used it for 2 days and charged it and found out there is a SW bug that prevents iOS to clear up the old battery history. That was the time I took the snapshot.

So the total usage time is 1 day. And it is normal since I listen to music during my work time so that also counts to the usage time but it consumes little battery.

taoxhui

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 70334

I noticed that you have the Location Service (The small arrow on top right) on when you took the snapshot. You can see that for most of the snapshots that are posted on the website, this arrow is not there.

The Location Service is battery-hungry thing and I image you have some of those apps that require this service installed but they do not use it properly. (At least when it becomes the background service, they do not turn off the Location Service)

Try to figure out what service is doing that and kill that service when it is not in use. And you can disable the location service for that app in the settings

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox