Shout Out to AppleCare+

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
And also a shout-out to Apple customer service. I cancelled my T-Mobile Jump program before the first payment was due, and signed up my new SE on AppleCare+.

AppleCare+ = $99.00 ($107 w/tax) for two years for the SE. My understanding is that it's a bit more for the 7s.
TMO Jump = $288 for two years, at $12 per month

AppleCare+ = $99 co-pay for device replacement if I destroy it - maximum of 2 accidental destructions
TMO Jump = $175 co-pay

$4 of the TMO plan is for a feature called "Lookout Mobile Security", which is redundant to Apple's "Find my iPhone", which is free. Samsung had a similar free service too.

So . . . I cancelled the Jump program online, then walked the short distance to my neighborhood Apple Store. I was helped immediately by a rep named Matt who had me out of the store in less than 5 minutes armed with a shiny new AppleCare+ program. I am very happy with the quality of both the warranty and the service at the store.

Not only are Apple products superior, it appears their level of service is, also. :gold-star:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Excellent! I've always bought Apple Care on my devices and felt it's been peace of mind. :) And the service with AC is top notch!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
And also a shout-out to Apple customer service. I cancelled my T-Mobile Jump program before the first payment was due, and signed up my new SE on AppleCare+.

AppleCare+ = $99.00 ($107 w/tax) for two years for the SE. My understanding is that it's a bit more for the 7s.
TMO Jump = $288 for two years, at $12 per month

AppleCare+ = $99 co-pay for device replacement if I destroy it - maximum of 2 accidental destructions
TMO Jump = $175 co-pay

$4 of the TMO plan is for a feature called "Lookout Mobile Security", which is redundant to Apple's "Find my iPhone", which is free. Samsung had a similar free service too.

So . . . I cancelled the Jump program online, then walked the short distance to my neighborhood Apple Store. I was helped immediately by a rep named Matt who had me out of the store in less than 5 minutes armed with a shiny new AppleCare+ program. I am very happy with the quality of both the warranty and the service at the store.

Not only are Apple products superior, it appears their level of service is, also. :gold-star:

The service you receive at an Apple Store is second to none. It is reason enough to only buy Apple products

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had AppleCare+ before that came on phones I bought secondhand. The 7+ is the first time I bought it myself. Stopped using carrier insurance a long time ago though. Just went without. Lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
AppleCare+ is my jam! I've purchased (and used) it with my MacBook Pro, multiple iPhones, and my Apple Watch. I also have it for my iPad Pro but haven't needed it as of yet. Nobody supports Apple's products better than Apple.

I'm a bit confused. Did some of you cancel added protection service through T-Mobile and purchase Apple care through Apple directly?

Many have because AppleCare+ offers better protection from what I've heard. You have 60 days after purchase (1 year for iPhone) to add AppleCare+.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
AppleCare+ is my jam! I've purchased (and used) it with my MacBook Pro, multiple iPhones, and my Apple Watch. I also have it for my iPad Pro but haven't needed it as of yet. Nobody supports Apple's products better than Apple.

Many have because AppleCare+ offers better protection from what I've heard. You have 60 days after purchase (1 year for iPhone) to add AppleCare+.

Cool. I'll look into it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh