Should you buy an iPad for your high school or college student?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It depends. Here in Orlando, the schools provide each student with a laptop computer so an iPad might not be necessary.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Imho the iPad is the king. If not for work I could arguably get by with just an iPad/no laptop. When either working or lounging at home, iPad is so convenient no matter in bed, on the couch, chair, laying on the carpet, at a desk, sitting at a bar, on the go. That handiness, to me, makes it so great to use. IME something that is easy to use anywhere has a better chance to be productive. But the thing is, while a laptop has slimmer use case IMHO, the use case for it definitely surpasses iPad. What a laptop does it does at the highest level.
I hate to break your bank but an iPhone-MBA-IPad will be the most productive if your college user takes advantage of their interop capabilities.
But whichever device you go with, my two very highest recommendation for a college student are (assuming you will buy Apple): 1, buy the AppleCare+ with theft and damage protection. I rarely buy it but a college student ummm :). Second, pay the 99 cents or 1.99 for the iCloud back up space. There will be no “my dog ate my homework” or my mba/iPad was stolen or broke. The iCloud backup will have what ever the student completed and will be accessible from the iPhone to print.

Best of luck

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think it all depends on the individual's school requirements. If an iPad fits these requirements, then yes, I think absolutely! I would definitely recommend a good keyboard case, and Apple Care!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It may seem crazy, but you can organize your whole life with an iPad. You might think that project management apps are only for 'working professionals,' but they can be useful to you as a student too.

Hello and welcome to iMore! It’s great to have you here. When you get a chance please take a minute to post an introduction to yourself in this thread:

https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Also, if you haven’t already, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with iMore’s Community Rules and Guidelines:

https://forums.imore.com/site-app-feedback-help/385947-community-rules-guidelines.html

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2