Should I upgrade from Mid-2013 MacBook Air

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if it made any sense to buy a new MBA even though my current MBA is only 1 1/2 old? The reason that I am considering doing it is that I have someone willing to buy my current Laptop for almost what it would cost me to get a new one.. It would only cost me about $200 to get the newest one...

I would mirror the current one since my needs have not changed and the machines is running perfectly...

Is this current one any better than the mid 2013 version???

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
The 2013 to 2014 upgrade was minimal at best. I would suggest staying with the 2013 as long as it has enough storage space and ram for you. They might even go retina this year which could be a potentially more useful upgrade.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a mid-2011 (1.6 i5, 4GB, 128SSD) Air 11" and for what I use it for - and running the most recent Yosemite - it does what I need it to do with a minimum of fuss. Beyond wishing I had more RAM for the occasional multi-tasking where it does seem to suffer a bit, I have had no burning urge to get a more recent model. I can't imagine a situation where one might actually look at upgrading to the next year model, unless some buyer's regret about RAM.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if it made any sense to buy a new MBA even though my current MBA is only 1 1/2 old? The reason that I am considering doing it is that I have someone willing to buy my current Laptop for almost what it would cost me to get a new one.. It would only cost me about $200 to get the newest one...

I would mirror the current one since my needs have not changed and the machines is running perfectly...

Is this current one any better than the mid 2013 version???

If the newest model will only set you back $200 then I say go for it. Having said that, don't expect too much of a difference in performance (depending on the configuration, of course).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh