Should I update to iOS 12.1.1?

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
I have purchased this iPad 6, or iPad 2018. And I am loving it, it's a very capable device. Display is gorgeous, and everything is very smooth. Non-laminated display is not an issue at all. I have used laminated screens before, and I was worried that I might not like it. But this iPad has a gorgeous display.
I need a suggestion. Mine shipped with iOS 11.4.1. And it's working perfectly fine, it does everything I got this iPad for. My question is, should I update to iOS 12.1.1?

1) How does it affect the battery life? Will it be worse?
2) Will it affect its multitasking? On iOS 11.4.1, I can multitask easily. Tabs in Safari don't reload, and can have multiple apps in the background. Does iOS 12.1.1 change it? For the worse? For the better?

I am looking for honest answers. Thanks

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been on iOS 12 for several months, so don't recall everything. At the same time, my recollection is that iOS 12 often improves battery life and, at worst, keeps battery life the same. I don't recall it changing multitasking very much, and hopefully someone else can chime in about Safari, as I've tended not to use it.

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for pointing that out. I thought iOS 12.1.2 was exclusive to phones.
I honestly have no reason to update, but I'm afraid iOS 11.4.1 will become obsolete before long. And I didn't have a very good experience with updates on my iPad mini. My device slowed down significantly. Hence I want to be completely sure before I go ahead and update. No Safari reloads? Multitasking on iOS 12.1.2 is similar?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an original iPad Pro abd my son had an iPad from 2017. They both run ios 12 flawlessly. No issues with multitasking or reloading tabs in Safari.

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
I've been on iOS 12 for several months, so don't recall everything. At the same time, my recollection is that iOS 12 often improves battery life and, at worst, keeps battery life the same. I don't recall it changing multitasking very much, and hopefully someone else can chime in about Safari, as I've tended not to use it.

Thank you. Can you, maybe, try Safari with multiple tabs open and let us know if they reload? 5 or 6 tabs. If you can't, that's completely fine :)

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
iOS 12 will be an upgrade for you, I have an iPad 5(2017) and 11 was not very good for me but 12 is faster and seems to run perfectly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro