Should I trade up to 32 GB?

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I think it's all about if you use iTunes match or not. Using iTunes match I have no songs downloaded to my iPhone and still have about 9gb of space left.

If you can Afford it...do it. It's worth it in the end. Especially if you take a lot of hd photos or video.

These were my main points for not going through the hassle of sending the phone back in and spending the $100. I use iTunes Match, Google Play Music, and iTunes Radio. There's never any music actually stored on the phone itself. As for pictures: in the 2 weeks I've had the phone, I've taken a total of 3 pictures and those for uploaded to Dropbox allowing me to delete them from the phone.

I just couldn't see the point of spending the money when there wasn't a clear need. So I put the money into AppleCare.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I broke my own rule of buy as much as you can afford.

I thought I could make it work with 16gb since I use cloud storage a lot but I am constantly managing music and photos on the phone now. I was looking for a 32gb to buy and found a brand new 64gb for a good price so I went all in. Can't wait for that to come in a couple days.

Sent using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure the OP has already made their decision. I just wanted to say that if you're already listening to music from iTunes Match and Google Play Music, then you're already saving yourself a ton of internal storage.

BleugrassBoy

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Apologize if this is hijacking the thread....

Just curious....is any of the "hard drive" storage used for memory management like it is on PCs?

For instance, would an iPhone with a bunch of "open" apps run better if there were 3-4GB of free space available?
Would an iPhone with a bunch of "open" apps run slower or crash apps if there were only 50MB of free space available?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro