Should I trade my white iPhone 5 for a black iPhone 5??

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Someone wants to trade me a new week old black iPhone 5 should I do it? Which color y'all think is better what's y'all personal preference of color?

rkaix

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
each color has its up and downsides, most people alternate every time they get a new iPhone so I think if you're tired or your white you can go black
do be aware that with the iPhone 5 specifically the scuffing is a real issue that's a lot more noticeable than usual, lots of silver scratches on the edges of my black that isn't too nice, but besides that the black phone does look nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Someone wants to trade me a new week old black iPhone 5 should I do it? Which color y'all think is better what's y'all personal preference of color?

You tell us. Should you? Which color do YOU prefer? Why does he or she wants to trade a new week old iPhone 5 and what is he or she getting in return? Does the person doing the trading have more than one to trade? I mean, if he or she only has one, the color becomes irrelevant. You're either going to want it or you're not. I recommend you make sure the device is operable, not stolen, and is something YOU want.

UPDATE: I read your post via the Tapatalk app earlier and did not see the full Title and my response was based on the question in post #1. Sorry 'bout that. Now that I see that the person wants to trade their black iPhone 5 for your white iPhone 5, I'll answer a tad differently.
1. Are you both on the same wireless carrier or have unlocked iPhones?
2. Does the device you're considering trading for works?
3. Make sure it is not stolen.
4. Make sure it is operable and damage-free or have damages you can tolerate.
5. If you decide to accept the offer, make sure you sign-out of iCloud and the App Store, iMessages, Facetime and anything else and then restore the device "As NEW".

I think both the white & black iPhone 5 looks nice, but I prefer the black one.

Last edited:

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
For me I like the white over black on iPhone 5 that's why I got myself a white one when I bought my phone.. And why would you wanna trade your phone for a different color just for the color

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Mines is factory unlocked his is tmobile. But I have tmobile. And yes it works. I checked its not reported stolen. There's no scratches at all but mines have a few scratches.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mines is factory unlocked his is tmobile. But I have tmobile. And yes it works. I checked its not reported stolen. There's no scratches at all but mines have a few scratches.

​Well, go for it then...:)

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Make sure it is not purchased on the payment plan.

If it is meet at tmobile and make sure it is paid for in full.

Latest scam is for people to purchase on the payment plant, trade or sell the phone, then default on the payments. Tmobile will then blacklist it for nonpayment.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I got the white iPhone 5 and I love the look so much that I bought a white iPad 4. Now that the new iPhone is coming out, I like the gold colored one. That looks pretty sweet but I think that it would get tired after a while.