Should I stick with a Windows PC or consider the MacBook Pro and run Windows in Bootcamp?

I

iMore Question

Planning to buy a new Laptop. Have shortlisted the MacBook Pro 15". Will be running Autodesk Plant Design Suite, already purchased for Windows. Should I stick to a Windows PC or consider the MacBook Pro and run Windows in Bootcamp

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Mac Book Pro for Windows

Or run Windows via Paralells... Really a personal choice that no one can make for you...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're contemplating using Windows via Bootcamp on a Mac, then you might as well stick with a Windows PC, in my opinion.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Food for thought:

I use VirtualBox (free VM) on a MacBook Pro and run Windows and Linux. Working like this I can swipe between Windows/Linux and OS X without any issues--and for free (unless you need a Windows license).

baezk

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest that you stick to a Windows computer, but at the end is a personal decision. Engineering programs tend to require a lot of resources and at times they tend to lag when ran on virtual machines. Boot Camp is a great option, but you may want to check with Autodesk's support team to see if they are aware of any issues other users using the application on Boot Camp has experienced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh