Should I sign in to a game using the Sign In With Apple option?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Scrabble GO uses the sign in option to use Apple ID. Is this good to do.

4c7f93ff4b6aa9cb8713ab845fbfd99b.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
  • At your first sign in, apps and websites can ask only for your name and email address to set up an account for you.
  • You can use Hide My Email—Apple's private email relay service—to create and share a unique, random email address that forwards to your personal email. This lets you receive useful messages from the app without sharing your personal email address. Learn more about how Hide My Email works.
  • Sign in with Apple won’t track or profile you as you use your favorite apps and websites. Apple retains only the information that’s needed to make sure you can sign in and manage your account.
  • Security is built in to Sign in with Apple with two-factor authentication. If you use an Apple device, you can sign in and re-authenticate with Face ID or Touch ID anytime.
Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210318

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
So the peeps that created this game couldn’t do anything with my Apple ID PIN number. This is the same PIN number that I use to unlock m apps as well.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Is this a new way so sign into applications?

The reason I wrote this conversation in the first place is....

This started happening today. When I choose to up all apps at once I am asked for my Apple ID password. The apps used to update without needing to entre the password.

Then when I use the password I receive a note reading the password is incorrect.

Then when wanting to change the password I am asked for my iPads PIN number I use to unlock the device.

Put in the PIN number. I receive a reply this is not the correct PIN number. I certainly can remember my PIN number.

Finally from another iPad I was able to change my password.

Now I am able to update one app at a time. But doing this each time I choose to up an app I am then asked to resubmit my password.

Even after changing my password I can not up all the apps at one time cause when I submit my Apple ID password I still get a reply that the password in not correct.

Now what would cause this?

How can this be fixed.

I am using the latest software update.