Should I replace my iPhone 5?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been trying to decide for the last week if I should go into the Genius Bar and try to get a replacement for my iPhone 5. My iPhone 4 always had full bars of reception no matter where I was at home, at work in the basement of a 4 story building and on occasion in my parking garage under feet of concrete. Since I got the iPhone 5 I've noticed that the reception has been weaker at times fluctuating all over the place when my iPhone 4 was a constant full bars. So now I'm wondering if I should take it in and get a replacement I have an attachment to mine since it's brand new has no nicks on it and I've encased it in an Otterbox Defender since day one. It has no other issues so I'm wondering if I'm just paranoid, I haven't had any dropped calls. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
If I am not mistaken the iPhone 4 and 4s were on the 3G network, whereas the iPhone 5 is on 4g lte. You might not have as good of coverage on 4g lte as you did on 3G. I am having the same issues with my 5, but that is due to AT&T and there 5+ disintegrating towers in my area. I would call your service provider and let them know what is happening with your service first.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If I am not mistaken the iPhone 4 and 4s were on the 3G network, whereas the iPhone 5 is on 4g lte. You might not have as good of coverage on 4g lte as you did on 3G. I am having the same issues with my 5, but that is due to AT&T and there 5+ disintegrating towers in my area. I would call your service provider and let them know what is happening with your service first.

would that affect my cell signal though? I don't have a data plan so my Cellular Data is always off.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I would think that would still affect your signal, but I am not positive. Someone with more knowledge will have to answer that for the both of us.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
None I don't have a data plan so the cellular data is never on. It was the same with my iPhone 4 my cellular data was always Off.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've decided to get it replaced I'm making an appointment now. Yesterday I sent my wife text messages, not even iMessages, and they didn't send until hours later when I stepped into the kitchen and the reception was strong enough. I never had this problem with my iPhone 4 which is why I thought nothing of it until she came home and then got the messages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner