should i move from Blackberry to iPhone

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have used a blackberry since 2005 and made the switch when the 4S launched. I have been extremely happy with the move. The iphone and iOS just simply works!

Here is my journey from blackberry phones:

8700 -> 8310 (Curve) -> 9530 (Storm) -> 8310 (Curve) -> 9700 (Bold2) -> 9800 (Torch) -> iPhone 4S

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Have the 9900. I am suffering from the same question. I am also thinking Nokia Lumia 900. However, I think i'll wait for the next iPhone.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend an iPhone based on stability alone. I haven't used BB's for a few years, but the biggest issues I had with them was freezing (requiring battery pulls) and when RIM's servers went down, you had no email/data, etc. My 4S is incredibly stable. It has frozen maybe twice, but it was due to a rogue app - and a quick restart fixed everything. Battery life isn't as great as BB, but it should easily make it through the day with your use. The camera is a great addition, as well. I use it as my only camera and it does the trick at family functions, sporting events, and the like. As someone else stated, just rip off the band-aid and make the jump.

It will be a little scary at first. I completely understand that familiarity is comforting. But you'll get used to it and realize that you should have made the jump awhile ago.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have been a blackberry owner since the 8330 Curve release. since then, I've owned the 9630 Tour (loved it to pieces, literally) and now the Bold 9930. I will say that with BB maintaining your software updates are critical, and though there have been some issues with phones on release, my iphone friends have had similar issues occur every now and then (antennagate iphone 4 anyone?). I will actually be making the switch to 4s phones and an ipad in about a month, just because I am ready to try something new. At this point, we have two Macpros in our household and now it just makes sense to convert to Apple all the way. Another score for bb is the security is top notch, which matters immensely to me. So I give BB a 10 on security/messaging/email, and will revisit the sae issues with Apple once I've had my iphone for a few months. Pick up that iphone and give it a go!