Should I jailbreak or not???

Donnie Smith

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm not really new to iOS i've had a 4s before I got my 5s. My 4s was jailbroken but at times would randomly reboot at times, i guess cause of some of the apps from cydia that I downloaded. I enjoyed themes, cydia apps/tweaks, but i'm not sure if you lose your warranty/apple care if you jailbreak which i really don't wanna lose if something goes wrong. I know I can probably do a restore if anything goes wrong but at one point with my 4s even when I did a restore my phone still would randomly reboot/lag. So my question is would yall recommend jailbreaking and why, cause I travel a lot and use my phone a lot for gps, and finding hotels/places to eat/places to shop/clubs, etc. in cities i'm not familiar with and if something goes wrong where my phone bricks, data stop working, etc. i'm screwed lol

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Your phone won't randomly brick on you just because it's jailbroken. It's pretty much user error that causes bricking, but if you follow instructions 100% and don't do anything your unsure of then you do not need to worry about bricking your phone. As far as If you should JB your phone well that entirely up to you. For me it was more then worth the risk of voiding my warranty(which is essentially a none issue since you can restore your phone) as there are just so many valuable tweaks for me that I would have a hard time giving up in the future.

If you find that there and tweaks and customizations that you would find useful then I say you should go for it. You have nothing to lose(again just follow instructions) and you can always just restore your phone if you don't like it. It took me all of 10min or so to jb my phone and all the tweaks/themes I've installed have breathed new life into my phone and made things much more convenient for me.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Its up to you- You seem like you have enough knowledge to do it without incident- I personally don't Jailbreak- not worth the instability- I see so many people on this forum with problems

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't jailbreak any of my devices this time around, and I have done it EVERY time before...I just don't trust this JB build, and feel that the issues that are being slowly worked through are not worth the tweaks I personally did.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you're jailbreaking to install tweaks and themes, then no. If you jailbreak just to get one or two things, sure. I only jailbroke for the Pandora hack. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have even bothered.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't find jailbreaking appealing anymore. I guess if there are things you cant live without then jailbreak it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you travel a lot and not able to say do a restore on the road if a problem comes up you may want to stay stock.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't find jailbreaking appealing anymore. I guess if there are things you cant live without then jailbreak it.

Yea... On iOS 4, 5, 6 I wanted to jailbreak but with iOS 7 it's really starting to not appeal to me anymore.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Its up to you- You seem like you have enough knowledge to do it without incident- I personally don't Jailbreak- not worth the instability- I see so many people on this forum with problems

The tweaks are the ones causing instability not the jailbreak itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
It depends if you really feel like you need whichever tweaks you're jail breaking for. Personally I need QR/QC and the touch ID tweaks is what apple should've added to the touchID functionality

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I am aware of that- maybe I am incorrect but isn't the reason to jailbreak to get the tweaks?

Tweaks or some people just like to get main file access but yeah main reason is for tweaks but just have to be mindful of what you download. My phone is bug free.. No restarts, reboots, maybe a little battery drain but I do have quite a lot installed that utilize touch id so might be the culprit not too sure.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I think you should go for the jailbreak. I jailbroke my iPhone 5 two days ago and there are no any such issues. I have installed some essential tweaks such as Activator & NoSlowAnimations. If you want to get rid of the jailbreak, you simply restore and voila! So you should at least try it once.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I too have been on the fence (so to speak) about "jailbreaking", and it's a very high fence (smile). As I enjoy seeing some of the jailbroken screenshots and the things that can be done with a jailbroken iPhone, I don't want to fall off of the fence and have other "things" NOT work or have to find "tweeks" to get them working again.....I don't know, still on the fence, but I sure would luv to get rid of that semi transparent so called dock on the present iOS7

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
IMO, Jailbreaking is like installing a new ROM on your phone, it allows you to customize but if you don't, it works exactly like it was before, just with a Cydia app showing on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox