Should I get an iPhone? Question from an BlackBerry user.

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Well, I started off with a Palm. When they left the market, I went with BlackBerry 8700C, 8520, 9860, Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5. Lately, a Red-"ish" passport. I have been with them since early 2007, though I had used nokia and android as secondary. I hate the google play store every minute i tried to access, look at the crappy ads at the bottom. Whatever the screen size is they just make us feel we are using one of the worst play store. It is same with lumia play store.

When I had purchased 6 plus, I felt new in my hands and it has a polished store. But I couldn't stick with it well. Then I went back to passport, then I realized what I had missed actually. The complete app store. Oh, really? Do we need to side load everything, including the banking apps? That is absolutely disgust feeling I had when I started using BlackBerry again. We pay for a device but we side load apps from other stores like google or 1 market or something else. What a kind of device in my hands? Why not better they move to fully android devices and stop BB10 in a sentence. Or just stop making devices.

I felt iPhone is also a good place for securing your stuff on it. Weird things happen if you go after weird stuff on your phone. It is same with BlackBerry too. You can encrypt the back ups as well. You can back up and sync the device 100% over wifi instead of searching of USB cables.

Another good thing of iPhone is it has a value after 1-2 years as well. Example: The value of iPhone 5s or iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus proves it.

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Ye I've seen many of them. Android fans will just cry and cry "it's not like you use it that way", "it's just games", bla bla bla. To me it proves how horribly slow Android really is. Being slow on an 2x4core cpu's.

I guess I can give iTunes a try again, last time I used it was back in 2010 or something. I've never been a fan of buying music or music subscriptions. I'm going to wait for the BlackBerry Q4 report (releasing April 1st) if they sold under 2.5 million Priv devices, I'm out and hopping to Apple. Otherwise I might wait out the Android 6.0 update and hopefully a fully integrated HUB.

I guess some of you wonder why I'm this picky, but both the BlackBerry Priv as the iPhone 6S Plus 128gb are 1000euro over here, so need to choose carefully.

They are liars if they don't believe that anyone uses their phone that way. I can't think of anyone I know who only opens one or two apps each time they use their device.

I use Apple Music and was against the subscription idea myself but I have to say I love it. I don't have to fret with downloading and getting some wonky download on my MacBook Air and don't have to sync the device to get the music. I also started to use iCloud to backup my device as my MacBook Air is only 128gb and I only plug my phone in when I want to sync my pictures. I like having iCloud (200gb plan - $2.99/mo) and being able to login my my computer to view my photos plus having hard copy.

Like I said before, I really was hoping the Priv would be my next device. I am not sold, especially after you mentioned FB discontinuing support, plus I have an Apple Watch so I'm kinda stuck ( shucks).

Nothing wrong with asking questions. It is an investment. I don't blame you.

Side note - I am an avid Google app user and can attest that my iPhone handles google apps of any kind way better than my Galaxy S6 Edge. You won't be let down! Not to mention the camera on the 6S +

Cheers!

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Ye I've seen many of them. Android fans will just cry and cry "it's not like you use it that way", "it's just games", bla bla bla. To me it proves how horribly slow Android really is. Being slow on an 2x4core cpu's.

I guess I can give iTunes a try again, last time I used it was back in 2010 or something. I've never been a fan of buying music or music subscriptions. I'm going to wait for the BlackBerry Q4 report (releasing April 1st) if they sold under 2.5 million Priv devices, I'm out and hopping to Apple. Otherwise I might wait out the Android 6.0 update and hopefully a fully integrated HUB.

I guess some of you wonder why I'm this picky, but both the BlackBerry Priv as the iPhone 6S Plus 128gb are 1000euro over here, so need to choose carefully.

You can import your own digital music and videos into iTunes. No need to purchase. if you have a optical drive, you can even us iTunes to rip your CDs. it does a pretty good job of it.

As far as the price, ask yourself if 64 will cut it. 64 is a lot of storage.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I transitioned to Apple over the course of two years. I was a fan of BB but began to lose respect for the company and trust in its products back with three successive faulty 99xx devices. Everything after that was one disappointment after the other.
I finally went iPhone in June 2014 and it was the best decision I ever made. Haven't looked back.
There is a learning curve with iTunes but I love it. Love the devices. They are perfect for me. Love the support. Best customer service I ever saw. Most dependable platform I use.
I finally ditched BBM when my last contact got an iPhone. That's it for me. All ties with BB broken. Couldn't be happier.

Jezza23

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
iOS is probably one of the safest hardware, and if you don't wanna spend too much on your new phone, perhaps the SE is a good option!

Wybrem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm going for an iPhone. I just can't deal with the Google Play begging for my credit card info one more time. I am very unlikely to buy any app.

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm going for an iPhone. I just can't deal with the Google Play begging for my credit card info one more time. I am very unlikely to buy any app.

Ex staunch Blackberry user, ex BB FOTM, ex Blackberry Elite...and I have moved to iPhone. BB10 was an amazing OS, needing tweeks to make it one of the strongest out there. But the first hint of trouble came with android runtime. Looks now they might be bowing to pressure and getting ready to gradually go full android on all devices. I hate android with a passion.

I got a 5s...which I love but wouldn't recommend as the 5s is now discontinued. Have a look round at the models, see how they feel in your hand, if you need something that will slip in any picket or the equivalent of the widescreen hanging on your lounge wall...:)

There are only a couple of things I would mention....there doesn't seem a straightforward way to copy a lengthy text conversation as there is with BB10. And there's obviously no hub, so it's back to tapping on individual icons. If you need extra external storage there are small gadgets to put your sd card in to use with an iPhone. Other than that, mine is flawless. I'd recommend getting one :)

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Ex staunch Blackberry user, ex BB FOTM, ex Blackberry Elite...and I have moved to iPhone. BB10 was an amazing OS, needing tweeks to make it one of the strongest out there. But the first hint of trouble came with android runtime. Looks now they might be bowing to pressure and getting ready to gradually go full android on all devices. I hate android with a passion.

I got a 5s...which I love but wouldn't recommend as the 5s is now discontinued. Have a look round at the models, see how they feel in your hand, if you need something that will slip in any picket or the equivalent of the widescreen hanging on your lounge wall...:)

There are only a couple of things I would mention....there doesn't seem a straightforward way to copy a lengthy text conversation as there is with BB10. And there's obviously no hub, so it's back to tapping on individual icons. If you need extra external storage there are small gadgets to put your sd card in to use with an iPhone. Other than that, mine is flawless. I'd recommend getting one :)

Though HUB is a good place, with just emails and text messages and bbm groups. It's a dead space now. As line by line, every major app is pulling it out from BB10. Look at the Twitter, I don't recall they've updated it. They can't use it on android and they can't develop BB10 either.

Wybrem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

You can put an SD card in an iPhone!? I'm going for the 6s, not the plus, it's to big for my hands.

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
You can put an SD card in an iPhone!? I'm going for the 6s, not the plus, it's to big for my hands.

.I said there are gadgets to put your sd card in to use with the iPhone. At the moment I'm using the iAccess sd card external storage which has my Z10 sd card in it...��

robertleeking

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
The problem with the speed test is, the reviewer states the iPhone 6s Plus is 1920x1080
it isn't. That is the down sampled resolution. The actual resolution is 2208x1242

dcorx

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Im in the same situation as well. I broke my passport screen and instead of paying to fix it I'd rather just put that money towards an iPhone, either 6s or 7 in September. I can use my backup q10 in the mean time. I'm ready for the change,

Wybrem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Im in the same situation as well. I broke my passport screen and instead of paying to fix it I'd rather just put that money towards an iPhone, either 6s or 7 in September. I can use my backup q10 in the mean time. I'm ready for the change,

It is worth it. Do NOT try an Android it is nothing but problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative