Should I get a Nintendo Switch?

Donmanmdm

Dec 1, 2018
Visit site
So I'm a PC gamer who wants a Switch, but I have a nasty reputation for abandoning consoles for my PC, I already have a Wii U, but my nephew brought over his switch one day and I really liked it, except for its price tag and expensive games. I really don't want to blow $300 on a brand new technology advanced paperweight. I've always wanted to play games on the Go Games I really like Cities: Skylines or Minecraft, like a complete edition, not another pocket edition. I mean there are a few games I wish that were on the switch that would probably help me make this decision. If Bethesda ported over a few Fallout games that would really help me out. They have only ported over doom, Skyrim, one of the new Wolfenstein, and fallout shelter and I've only played fallout shelter. I would like to see a full fallout game, I would be fine with New Vegas, or even a glorified version of 4. The thing is I already said I am very notorious for abandoning consoles as my parents got me a 3DS and I haven't touched it in a few weeks and it was only for a couple of minutes when I decided I wanted to charge it and put it in its case. And I also have an Xbox 360 I've barely touched and I've had it for a little over 3 years as well. Literally, I played one or two games on it full time; because once again I have a PC I have almost everything else on there. Really the only games if I were to get an Xbox One, would be Forza games. If I got a switch it would be my whole Christmas present and it would just be the switch, no games at all. I wish I would have decided I wanted one before Black Friday. But I didn't know how much I liked it until Black Friday and it's also ironic I always thought the switch was going to flop because I always thought of it as a glorified Wii U but here I am writing a form post about how I'm having difficulties deciding to get one. And I also don't know if I should wait until the new switch comes out next year. I'm just asking for help just with my current situation because like I said I am a PC Gamer and I am very notorious for abandoning consoles, including the Wii u, and I just want to know if the switch would fit my needs like a nice console, that plays a lot of my favorite games on the go, basically a laptop, or maybe just for me to sit down at my desk and play a few Nintendo exclusives like Mario Kart. Also, the other reason I do want to get a switch is that I recently switched from iOS to Android and I had about $100 worth of games on iOS and I am so upset that you can't transfer them. I was only able to get like $4 out of a game that allows you to link your divides together. And one of those games that I had on there was Minecraft Pocket Edition and I've heard how good Minecraft is on the switch and pocket edition was never as fully featured as a console edition or even the PC edition, which have almost the exact same features now; I've also never liked the touch controls on pocket edition. Thank you for reading this wonderful essay about my problems, if you feel like you know what the answer to my issue might be, I encourage you to comment, even if you don't have an answer you can still comment, it would be appreciated. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
EDIT: forgot to mention I've used the heck out of 6 out of 8 of the devices I've owned, only one has mobile data, so I'm used to not having online. The two devices I have used that much is a cheap old phone, and a 3DS. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I get a Switch?

TLDR: to answer the ‘thread question’, get the device if you think you should get it. If you think you shouldn’t then don’t.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If you’re notorious for ditching consoles, then no, I wouldn’t get it. Yes, games are expensive on Switch, just like any console, however, the games are just as large on Switch as other consoles. I’ve put over 300 hours into a single file of Breath of the Wild and haven’t finished everything yet. I’ve put over 60 hours into Let’s Go Eevee and haven’t finished everything yet there either. The Switch is a fantastic console with some great games, but you do need the games time if you want to finish them. If you just want it for Mario Kart and Minecraft, I’m not sure it’s worth the money. That’s just my two cents. It’s your decision though.

Donmanmdm

Dec 1, 2018
Visit site
I forgot to mention, I've used the heck out of almost every mobile device I own, the exception is my 3DS and a cheap old phone my brother gave me. I've owned six mobile devices basically 5 out of six are like the switch, because they don't have mobile data. I've used a lot out of 6 of the 8 devices I've owned. Also, those were just a few games I was going to get. I'm planning on getting a few third-party titles like cities skylines, and maybe try a few new ones I've never tried before. Thank you for your comment and thank you for your time.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention, I've used the heck out of almost every mobile device I own, the exception is my 3DS and a cheap old phone my brother gave me. I've owned six mobile devices basically 5 out of six are like the switch, because they don't have mobile data. I've used a lot out of 6 of the 8 devices I've owned. Also, those were just a few games I was going to get. I'm planning on getting a few third-party titles like cities skylines, and maybe try a few new ones I've never tried before. Thank you for your comment and thank you for your time.

No problem, I just wanted to be sure you thought you’d play it a decent bit. I love my Switch, I’ve only had it since May I think and I’ve put over 400 hours on it so far. It has already been worth the money for me.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I feel like because it costs less than a traditional console these days that it's well worth the price. Go for it.

LadyAijou

Feb 11, 2019
Visit site
For me it was WELL worth it! I hadn't really had much interest in consoles for many years, but it was the versatility that sold me. Being able to play as a handheld, play with others using the Switch screen, or hooking it up to the TV and playing with others that way means I can play it in so many different settings! I travel a lot, and boy is it nice to have on the road or in hotels.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox