Should I get 32gb or 64gb for my Apple TV?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should I get 32gb or 64gb for my Apple TV

Hi, welcome to iMore.
It really is up to you. Are you very enthusiastic and end up installing everything you like on your Apple TV or do you think you can manage low storage and will be using it for the essentials only?
When in doubt and money is no objection, go for the 64.
If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.

veganaro

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

I got the 32 because I don't download many games or apps. I mainly rent movies from iTunes or play content from Netflix. If you won't be overloading it, might as well save yourself some money. A new Apple TV will inevitably come in just a couple years anyway.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same question. Currently have a 3rd generation apple tv. My internet is 100mbps download, and 75% of my viewing is WatchESPN, about 10% is HBO, and the rest is random. It's very important to me that any live streaming (especially sports) have as little delay as possible. At the moment, I have no intention to download any games.

Is there any need to get the 64 gig?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site

I planned on getting the 32gb but Walmart had the 64gb for $159 instead of $199 so I grabbed it.

semperidem

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site

I have a 32 GB and have had no problems, but I'm not sure if that will remain true as the software and app profile change. I do love and use the device, but I also don't have games. Since media streaming doesn't take up much space, I haven't had any issues.

michaeljdewilde

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site

This is the same debate that I'm in the middle of. I've always opted for the largest available option for memory, however I'm currently using an iPhone 7 plus with 256GB storage and I'm using about 44GB of it. Now I know a lot of what I have is not going on the Apple TV at all. So my question is, aside from Netflix pandora Apple Music what all else would I really want on the Apple TV?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're going to do any gaming, get the 64gb. Even though the app size is limited on the downloads, many will require additional downloads later which will take up a lot of space. If you're just streaming tv shows, movies, etc. the 32gb is sufficient.

If you can get the 64gb on sale, it's a no-brainer :)

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

It really depends on a few factors: pricing/deals, your usage, and future proofing. I got mine on black friday last year for $50 of a 64gb ATV4. That was a steal so I went for it. Since then, I haven't even come close to using all the storage. I really don't game on it, but that could change as my kids get a little older, so I'm glad I have the storage. With all the extra storage, it's pretty much future proofed for me, but maybe it's overkill. You need to weigh those choice. As one commenter said, if money is no object, get the 64.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad