Should I buy the IPhone XR or save a little more money and buy the iPhone X or iPhone 11?

jfak7670

Banned
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys! I've never had an IPhone before and now I've finally decided to purchase my first one. So, I paid my attention to IPhone XR 64 GB coral. It's a little bit cheaper, than IPhone X and IPhone 11, but my question is should I buy it or is it better to save a little more money and buy IPhone X or IPhone 11. Maybe there are some objective cons in IPhone XR, that won't be convenient in use.

tdosthp

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
IPhone XR

Your main financial consideration should most likely be storage capacity above all else. Is 64gb enough storage for your needs? You should take into consideration the amount of space the OS takes up and how many photos, videos, etc that you plan to store.

Otherwise, depending on your needs, newer can always be better, in terms of phone capabilities, cellular bands, etc.

But, only you can decide if those things matter.

My personal phone is an 11 Pro Max, but I am issued an XR for work and it is a really good phone, albeit I use the 11 Pro Max for more things, naturally.

Apple recently began selling refurb XS and XS Max...might be worth checking out also.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys! I've never had an IPhone before and now I've finally decided to purchase my first one. So, I paid my attention to IPhone XR 64 GB coral. It's a little bit cheaper, than IPhone X and IPhone 11, but my question is should I buy it or is it better to save a little more money and buy IPhone X or IPhone 11. Maybe there are some objective cons in IPhone XR, that won't be convenient in use.

Go for the iPhone X🅁. It’s an excellent iPhone, in my opinion.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore @jfak7670. The iPhone XR (not sure where the box around the R comes from...LOL) is a great entry level iPhone and nicely priced for the specifications it has. Good Luck with your decision.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The Xr is a solid phone and more advanced than the iPhone X in processing power but the iPhone 11 will give you the most advanced specs of the three

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I got my X last year and love it, it was caught between the X and Xr at same price but went with X since i much prefer OLED over LCD...otherwise Xr would have been just fine. If you could save a bit more $$$$ id honestly suggest going with the 11 since it seems to offer enough major improvements over both X and Xr (aside from lack of OLED, if that doesnt matter then even better)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
All are good choices, but I would go with what you can afford. That said, if it were me, I would go for the 11, then the XR. I do not believe that the X is available anymore.

jfak7670

Banned
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for the answers! Good comments on iPhone 11 among you stimulated me to save some money and buy the most advanced version for today. At least, my old phone is still working and iPhone is not an emergency purchase.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would consider the iPhone 11 or XR. I’ve had my XR for year. It is an excellent phone. The XR’s LCD screen is awesome. Probably the best LCD screen on the market. The iPhone 11 is the upgraded XR. Newer processor and cameras. The 11 is a very nice phone too. Take a look at both and chose the one that fits your budget.

Good luck to you.

Landlubber

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
If you have the capacity to have more advanced features gadgets, appliances, or things at home, then go for it. Don't settle for less and get the chance to have the best you could have. Just like when I chose my flushing toilet, I've read first and got an idea from the most recommended flushing toilet brands review https://bestflushingtoilets.org/ and I bought the best one.

Last edited:

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the answers! Good comments on iPhone 11 among you stimulated me to save some money and buy the most advanced version for today. At least, my old phone is still working and iPhone is not an emergency purchase.

Good decision! :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore @jfak7670. The iPhone XR (not sure where the box around the R comes from...LOL) is a great entry level iPhone and nicely priced for the specifications it has. Good Luck with your decision.

(Laughing)....When the iPhone XR was initially released, it was presented as the iPhone X🅁...:)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
(Laughing)....When the iPhone XR was initially released, it was presented as the iPhone X??????...:)

That's true. Because I was curious about the meaning of "R", I found an article that claims, according to Apple's Phil Schiller, that the R has something to do with sports cars. R could stand for Rally, or for Road & Track. The S in the XS stood for speed. Here's a link to the article so you can see for yourselves! LOL! You can't make this stuff up!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's true. Because I was curious about the meaning of "R", I found an article that claims, according to Apple's Phil Schiller, that the R has something to do with sports cars. R could stand for Rally, or for Road & Track. The S in the XS stood for speed. Here's a link to the article so you can see for yourselves! LOL! You can't make this stuff up!

In addition, they can go directly to the source to see it presented as the iPhone X🅁:

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ple.com%2Fiphone-xr%2Fspecs%2F&token=oo6uFHnl

lanwill

Mar 26, 2020
Visit site
Good decision! It's better to save some money and buy what you really want and not you are forced to. Buy the best option for yourself.

frankf10

May 21, 2020
Visit site
anyone reliable place to shop for iphones besides retail and apple store? Even the refurbs are pricey. Looking at generations: Iphone X to current

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
2020 version recommendation : iphone 11. Absolutely. Not too bad of a display, relatively cheaper. Best battery out of a non pro iPhone. Go for it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
2020 version recommendation : iphone 11. Absolutely. Not too bad of a display, relatively cheaper. Best battery out of a non pro iPhone. Go for it.

Unless you have no other choice, I would not purchase a new iPhone just a few weeks before the new ones are introduced. It's likely that the 11 will remain as a $100 cheaper option.