should I buy now or wait?

chocojack

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning to get my first iPad, but I just heard that they will be releasing iOS 5 in the fall. So should I go ahead & buy the iPad now or wait? Will I be able to update to iOS 5 for free or will it cost me? any suggestions?

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
you can buy it now. they probably wont charge for the update. they stopped doing that.*

*they use to do it for the ipod touches. If you had an ipod touch you would have to pay $10 for it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You can always wait for the next, better, shinier thing... but you have to buy at some point... why not now? As jsntrnkler said, the OS updates are free, so that should not factor in at all.

Go for it.

fdeschenes

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
With the iPad 2 released in March, it's doubtful we'll see a revised version anytime soon so from a hardware perspective, there's no reason to wait. As for iOS, every previous version has been a free upgrade so it's very unlikely that Apple will charge for iOS5. As a already suggested, go satisfy your craving and buy an iPad now.

finnybean

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Its way ahead thinking about ipad with iOS 5. You should buy it for now and will always get an option to upgrade it later on. Moreover iOS 5 is yet to be tested from user point of view so better to go for current version of the iPad.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Its way ahead thinking about ipad with iOS 5. You should buy it for now and will always get an option to upgrade it later on. Moreover iOS 5 is yet to be tested from user point of view so better to go for current version of the iPad.

iOS 5 works very well in the iPad at this point. It has not officially been released, so in that sense, it's "future", but trust me, iOS 5 is getting plenty of user testing already.

My position remains unchanged: buy now, upgrade to iOS 5 when it's released.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro