Should I be nervous about activating my new iPhone 13 Pro?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Not everyone has the same confidence level and that’s part of the reason for this forum! It’s a place for people to come and ask questions without being judged or made fun of.

Thank you for stepping up and saying this.

I just bought a new MacBook Air to replace my 2012 MacBook Pro, so it’s been a while. First (I bought it slightly used with only 40 battery cycles) the first owner still had Activation Lock on so there was a bit of back and forth messaging before we got that figured out. I had no idea what that was. Then, though I did a direct setup from my old MacBook, I couldn’t get my reminders or emails to completely sync. As it turned out my Gmail account settings didn’t make the transfer. So, a few hiccups but in the end it’s up and running as it should.

OP, hang in there. You’ll be fine and happy as a clam in no time at all.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Does it give you an option to pick a icloud backup

If you are asking can you restore from an iCloud backup as part of the options, yes - you can transfer from another device (e.g., Quick Start), restore from an iCloud backup, restore from a Mac or PC backup (e.g. a backup made with iTunes), transfer from Android, or set up the phone manually (e.g., don't transfer apps and data).

If you are asking can you choose which iCloud backup can you restore, there is only one iCloud backup per device. iCloud does not keep a history of backups. So, yes, if you have an iPhone and an iPad backup on your iCloud account, you can select one of them, but you can't pick one from last week if there is a newer one available, as the newer one overwrites the old one on your iCloud account.

I do want every last text. . so, if you don’t mind re-entering your app passwords set up manually is ok?

On your existing iPhone, do you have Messages tried on in Settings / Apple ID / iCloud? If yes, then you can set up manually and, as long as you are using the same Apple ID, all of your Messages will come over from iCloud. (This is called Messages in iCloud).

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
i’m planning on receiving my 13 Pro any day now. how would I go by activating it? i’m scared I’ll mess it up, should I be. lol. I won’t be using it for work so I guess I don’t need to worry about a physical Sim card?

First time? It may be best to contact your carrier with these questions but in general it’s a pretty easy process. Once your receive your device, either call your carrier or log into your account online to activate it.