Should Have been FREE with iPhone 7 and 7 Plus

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
So today for the first time I saw Apple EarPods to Lighting Connector. Thus no Dongle needed. So should Apple have include the Dongle for people who wanted the 3.5mm adapter and THESE EarPods instead of charging $29.99 after the fact? I know the Dongle solves all issues but I'd rather use THESE than an adapter if I'm using Apple EarPods. IMG_1474411832.531233.jpg

***UPON FURTHER REVIEW I AM AN ***** WHO DID NOT KNOW THESE WERE INCLUDED***

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus came with a pair of Apple EarPods that connected directly to the lightning port as well as an adapter for earphones that had the old earphone connector. Is that not the case?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus came with a pair of Apple EarPods that connected directly to the lightning port as well as an adapter for earphones that had the old earphone connector. Is that not the case?

My iPhone 7+ came with both EarPods with a lightning connection and an adapter.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
That's what I thought. Thank you...

Yep, oversight on my part. I took the Dongle out and never unwrapped the EarPods. Assumed the adapter was for those EarPods. Guess I'm that guy.

We can close this thread now or y'all can give me a verbal beating. I can take deserved abuse.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, oversight on my part. I took the Dongle out and never unwrapped the EarPods. Assumed the adapter was for those EarPods. Guess I'm that guy.

We can close this thread now or y'all can give me a verbal beating. I can take deserved abuse.
(Laughing)...No verbal beat down is necessary, my friend...:)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry, it's the forum equivalent of looking for your glasses, when everyone sees them on top of your head. We all do it.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Don't worry, it's the forum equivalent of looking for your glasses, when everyone sees them on top of your head. We all do it.

It's been a rough day here, lol and I'm no newbie per se. I was active in CB Forums for years under a different moniker until I had to request a change for personal reasons. Earlier today I posted in a thread with my AT&T receipt in the background and it had my name and phone number on it. I caught it quick I thought but somebody replied. I had to PM to get them to edit it out. Thankfully they did. All I need is my phone number splashed in here...deep breath...it can only get better.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's been a rough day here, lol and I'm no newbie per se. I was active in CB Forums for years under a different moniker until I had to request a change for personal reasons. Earlier today I posted in a thread with my AT&T receipt in the background and it had my name and phone number on it. I caught it quick I thought but somebody replied. I had to PM to get them to edit it out. Thankfully they did. All I need is my phone number splashed in here...deep breath...it can only get better.

No worries. When it rains, it pours. Tomorrow will be better.