• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Should Apple make a 'dark theme' for iOS?

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Back when*iOS*7*was unveiled there was no shortage of opinions on its looks to be found around the internet. Some people liked the general look of it and some people felt it was is a bit too much. A mixed bag I guess you could say as was to be expected considering it was quite a turnaround difference from that of*iOS*6. But at the time, no one had really gone hands-on with it or had the chance to give it some extended use.
Eventually, it got out to the masses and a lot of folks who hated it now loved it and a loved of folks who thought they'd love it hated it. Again, another mixed bag really, as always. But after a while for the most part people get used to change and it's no longer really an issue. Complaints such as the icons, which you don't hear too much about about these days in the grand scheme of it all, go away and people continue on.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I like how iOS7 looks, at least for now. Would it hurt to have a dark theme available? Probably not, having options is a good thing!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would love a dark theme. I think the white of IOS7 is too white, especially with the space grey models. I think having a dark theme would compliment the light white theme of IOS7 and also go along with the dark keyboard they are adding in 7.1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
A dark theme might help battery life a bit, but I would still prefer the white theme with iOS 7.

See that is the good thing about choice. If there was a light or dark theme you could *choose* which you like, if you don't like the dark one go with the light theme that currently is on IOS.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see the dark theme. I have grown to love the iOS 7 bright and white scheme, but I would love to see one in black and grey tones also.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnyville01