Sharing between apps

ivrimon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of jumping (back) to iOS from Android as I don't like their hardware. Anyway, I use Evernote and Pocket a lot and on Android it's easy to send something to those two apps via the global share menu. I don't remember anything like that in iOS so does that mean that each app has to have that feature built in?

Thanks

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes one of the things that android does a bit better is allowing apps to include themselves in the share API. However it's not difficult to find apps for iOS that offer similar workarounds.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of which, iOS's Mail now allows direct access to Photos for attachments, but you still can't access documents in Pages (or their iCloud) directly. Users who want to send most attachments must still use a series of Mickey Mouse cut/paste tricks to add docs to emails.

Amateur and not very 'business-friendly'.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of jumping (back) to iOS from Android as I don't like their hardware. Anyway, I use Evernote and Pocket a lot and on Android it's easy to send something to those two apps via the global share menu. I don't remember anything like that in iOS so does that mean that each app has to have that feature built in?

Thanks

If you're using apps like the official Twitter app, Tweetbot, RSS readers like Reeder, Feeddler Pro, etcetera, then yes, the ability to send to Evernote, Pocket, Instapaper and others are readily available within those apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janinv23