shared apple id - deleted call history

I

iMore Question

If a call is deleted from the call history on my iphone (even though the other phone also rings), does that incoming call history still appear on the incoming call list of the other iphone. we share an apple id. thanks

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I'm not sure what the answer would be, but you're not supposed to share an Apple ID. Each person is supposed to have their own Apple ID, and for sharing you use Family Sharing.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I'm not sure what the answer would be, but you're not supposed to share an Apple ID. Each person is supposed to have their own Apple ID, and for sharing you use Family Sharing.

This. Do Family Sharing. But it sounds like you're sharing iCloud which is worse. Go sign out of iCloud on all but one device. When asked, select "Keep on iPhone". Create your own iCloud for each other phone, then sign in and merge. Then when you delete, it only deletes from yours.

The worst way to "fix" this and keep the terrible idea of sharing an AppleID, is to sign out of Facetime, or in the options, turn off call forwarding to the other iPhone. Call logs shouldn't sync then.

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Worst issue I ever had to deal with when I worked for Verizon on consumers phones. Always a headache when the other person found out their significant other was cheating

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
This. Do Family Sharing. But it sounds like you're sharing iCloud which is worse. Go sign out of iCloud on all but one device. When asked, select "Keep on iPhone". Create your own iCloud for each other phone, then sign in and merge. Then when you delete, it only deletes from yours.

The worst way to "fix" this and keep the terrible idea of sharing an AppleID, is to sign out of Facetime, or in the options, turn off call forwarding to the other iPhone. Call logs shouldn't sync then.

Yep. Everyone gets their own. When you turn off iCloud, say keep on phone. Then when you sign in to your own, merge the contacts there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro