• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Shared Album Invitation Issue

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have created a shared album and sent invitations to my wife and kids to join the shared album. My kids received the invites but my wife did not. The invites were sent to each using their phone number. I tried a few times to resend the invite to my wife but she still would not receive it. I then tried sending the invite to her Apple ID email address instead of phone number. That worked. She received the invite and was able to join the shared album.

So my question is, how come when sending the invite to her phone number she would not receive it but when sent to her email address she received it? The kids had no issue receiving the invite to the phone number.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have created a shared album and sent invitations to my wife and kids to join the shared album. My kids received the invites but my wife did not. The invites were sent to each using their phone number. I tried a few times to resend the invite to my wife but she still would not receive it. I then tried sending the invite to her Apple ID email address instead of phone number. That worked. She received the invite and was able to join the shared album.

So my question is, how come when sending the invite to her phone number she would not receive it but when sent to her email address she received it? The kids had no issue receiving the invite to the phone number.
Is her phone number tied to the Apple Account?

I’m not sure how to check for that. iMessage is one of the places for sure, but it’s not the only location where it could be.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok