Share Library on HP Home Server

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
We have a HP Home Server that our ITunes account saves music to. I'd like for this library to be available for our desktop and my laptop. It seems to work music wise; but podcasts, tv shows, apps are not available except for on the desktop (where I usually sync). I'd like to be able to sync from either computer .

Is that possible?

And can you make settings so that the Home Server ITunes Library is accessible outside of our house?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I think this is a limitation of iTunes, it only shares music. Also, even if the content is on or shared with 2 computers the iPhone only syncs with one iTunes media library at a time. So, if you sync with your desktop normally and then try to sync with the laptop to get a video etc. it will wipe all media from the iPhone and replace it. This is unlike iPods which you can sync with up to 5 computers.

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I think this is a limitation of iTunes, it only shares music. Also, even if the content is on or shared with 2 computers the iPhone only syncs with one iTunes media library at a time. So, if you sync with your desktop normally and then try to sync with the laptop to get a video etc. it will wipe all media from the iPhone and replace it. This is unlike iPods which you can sync with up to 5 computers.

Thanks. I was afraid of that and so have only been syncing with the desktop. I guess I'll keep doing that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro