Settings Glitch

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
If anyone can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. This is so weird. I was going into my settings today and when I looked at the app settings there were corkscrew symbols and when I went to click on them it said null. I am so confused. Wtf is wrong with my settings o.o Does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be or what I could do to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1450083960.390710.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1450083972.873437.jpg

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you rebooted the phone yet since this started?

Always start there. The phone is a computer and reboots do wonders.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried tapping on the blank apps from Settings and deleting them? If that doesn't work either give it time to see if the problem irons itself out or restore from a backup or set up as a new device.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried tapping on the blank apps from Settings and deleting them? If that doesn't work either give it time to see if the problem irons itself out or restore from a backup or set up as a new device.

Yep I tried that. They stayed still in my storage. This is seriously annoying. They can't be used. They can't be deleted. They are just nothing.

I went to backup my data and restore the iPhone but saw it would take some crazy 2gb file to do so. I only get 25gb of data a month on my WiFi and it has already been slowed so I changed my mind and turned back on find my iPhone and synced my iPhone which at first gave an error -52 message but eventually synced. I even synced it a second time and did not get the error message pop up. Now the download can take 18 hours to download at 64kbps or I will put up with the annoying settings until my internet is sped back up again. It's ridiculous that in order to fix everything in this day and age it takes a ginormous amount of data to do so. Not everyone on this world has unlimited data plans

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep I tried that. They stayed still in my storage. This is seriously annoying. They can't be used. They can't be deleted. They are just nothing

Go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage storage > scroll to each affected app and tap. Then delete. If anything is left on the screen, press to make wiggle and tap the X. Then go to the App Store and download them back.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage storage > scroll to each affected app and tap. Then delete. If anything is left on the screen, press to make wiggle and tap the X. Then go to the App Store and download them back.

I tried that but when I went out of settings and back into storage the "null" apps I had just selected to delete were back again. They disappeared from the list when I initially selected to delete them but when I went back into the settings after thinking I had deleted them they were still there

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I just went through the list of apps that I've ever had on my iPhone including ones I've deleted trying to find an 86.1mb 1.18 version app and there was NOTHING. The same version number but not the same file size o.o

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand what you are talking about by returning to screen and clicking x. How do I know which app to delete

When you see one with that "cork screw" look. Delete it in Settings > General > Usage > Manage storage. Then return to the screen. If it's still there, press to wiggle, then delete by tapping the X.

If it's fragmented, the cork screw should show on your screen. If there is nothing, first try a Hard Reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
When you see one with that "cork screw" look. Delete it in Settings > General > Usage > Manage storage. Then return to the screen. If it's still there, press to wiggle, then delete by tapping the X.

I returned to the screen after hitting delete in manage storage but nothing was wiggling

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
None. All the apps that are on my phone all have normal icons

OK. If there's still issues in Settings with some apps, and they won't delete, you need to restore your phone as new. You seem to have been having several issues lately. You may have a corrupted OS. Back up your photos somewhere and restore. Did you update to 9.2?

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
OK. If there's still issues in Settings with some apps, and they won't delete, you need to restore your phone as new. You seem to have been having several issues lately. You may have a corrupted OS. Back up your photos somewhere and restore. Did you update to 9.2?

I was on the beta program so I am on the beta 4 which became the official 9.2. Do I backup everything first? Obviously I don't want to lose all my game data etc

Either way I can't do anything until my WiFi gets sped back up in January. I tried downloading the file to restore my device and the download timed out xd

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was on the beta program so I am on the beta 4 which became the official 9.2. Do I backup everything first? Obviously I don't want to lose all my game data etc

Either way I can't do anything until my WiFi gets sped back up in January. I tried downloading the file to restore my device and the download timed out xd

I have no idea. Never did beta before. If you restore as new, you'll lose game data in the App. Your issue may be the beta. Go back to 9.2 and see how it is. There's nothing on beta you'll miss.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any restrictions setup ? i see you have settings turned off like location data etc and low power mode on.

i would try resting all settings under general then reset

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I have no idea. Never did beta before. If you restore as new, you'll lose game data in the App. Your issue may be the beta. Go back to 9.2 and see how it is. There's nothing on beta you'll miss.

I'm on 9.2 beta 4 which is the exact same build as 9.2 official I thought?