Series 6, Apple please hurry up and send my new watch thread

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure I'm not the only one here that ordered a Series 6 watch on Tuesday and are now in a holding pattern waiting for it to ship. I thought a thread where we could commiserate, and even celebrate as people get their watches, might help us with our wait. It might even give us hope (or prepare us for bad news) when people either get their watches shipped early or their watches are delayed. So, if you ordered a Series 6, let us know what you ordered and what your estimated ship date is.

For me, I ordered a 44mm Silver Aluminum with the Deep Navy Sport Loop. Apple says I should receive it between the 25th and 29th of this month.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I ordered da 44mm graphite titanium with leather band and Apple says it will arrive between April 25-29. Since I have no place to go, I'll just sit in my office and watch for the delivery truck. :)

alengman

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered through Best Buy and received my notification that it has shipped today. But it will not be delivered until Monday the 21st.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I ordered through Best Buy and received my notification that it has shipped today. But it will not be delivered until Monday the 21st.

From what I've seen, ordering from Best Buy was the way to go. They apparently don't have the wait times that Apple does. You'll have to let us know how great the new watch is on Monday!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My series 6 44 aluminum silver with silver Milanese Loop is still being prepared and set to be delivered September 28th

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I ordered da 44mm graphite titanium with leather band and Apple says it will arrive between April 25-29. Since I have no place to go, I'll just sit in my office and watch for the delivery truck. :)

Boy, seven month delay. That one should be easy to under-promise and over-deliver on.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I got an alert this morning that mine has been shipped (40mm blue aluminum with deep navy sport loop). My status on the UPS page says "Clearance in Progress - The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release." I've never seen that message before!

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I got an alert this morning that mine has been shipped (40mm blue aluminum with deep navy sport loop). My status on the UPS page says "Clearance in Progress - The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release." I've never seen that message before!

Mine now says shipped. The part about clearance in progress is because it’s coming from China!

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Mine still says order in progress suppose to be here week of 9/29 but really hope it gets here sooner. This will be my first.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine shipped today arriving Monday. Of course I had to have UPS hold it for me. When i moved a few months ago I updated my address everywhere but failed to notice the default address within my user info on my iPhone which was my old address. Not sending a new watch to some unknown person. Hopefully all goes well. Then my series 5 goes out the door.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine now says shipped. The part about clearance in progress is because it’s coming from China!

I'm jealous, as I'm still waiting on any news. I'm still on "Preparing to ship" with delivery of the 25th - 29th. Hopefully since other orders are shipping, of people who bought on the 15th, mine will be shipping soon.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I picked my silver Nike 40mm with Obsidian mist ban today at our local,Apple store. It was so easy.

That's exactly how I buy my iPhones now. I've gone into the store on day 1 for the last few years and walked out with exactly the phone I wanted. I usually pick an obscure out-of-the-way store so there's less people. The longest i've had to queue was 30 minutes.

I don't think i'd ever pre-order again (famous last words).

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly how I buy my iPhones now. I've gone into the store on day 1 for the last few years and walked out with exactly the phone I wanted. I usually pick an obscure out-of-the-way store so there's less people. The longest i've had to queue was 30 minutes.

I don't think i'd ever pre-order again (famous last words).

And that there is my problem. In a country with 17 million people, we only have 3 stores.
The city i live in has an Apple Store on a 15 minute distance. But I’m gonna order with my carrier, T-Mobile, because they are cheaper and I can buy on a 24 month installment plan.

In other news, I just got my tracking information from DHL. There is no mention of a delivery date just yet, but according to my order page in the Apple Store app, its still on for Sept 28th.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
And that there is my problem. In a country with 17 million people, we only have 3 stores.

Oof yeah. I can see that being a royal pain in the proverbial. I feel your pain. In that situation, preorder is probably your best bet, yeah.

I'm in Los Angeles and within a fifteen minute drive I have five stores, if I extend that to thirty minutes I think it's eight stores, maybe nine.

We have two stores a two minute walk apart from each other (in Glendale), which I find bonkers.

Where I used to live in the UK, I had one store within an hour so preorder was the only way to do it.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine from Apple’s website on Sept. 15. Apple’s website says:
cfaa39e0e19a2e9d0fbfdb159ed1e5bc.jpg

UPS tracking says Monday:
a50bf0ef66330ea52ee4335b32a05708.jpg

I ordered directly from Apple for the selection and for the trade in. Apple will give me up to $140 trade-in value for my Apple Watch 4. Their initial appraisal for mine is $140 trade-in value.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh